Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag light reset - where?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 05:45 PM
jhenkel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Airbag light reset - where?

I have a 1988 951, and the airbag warning light is on (in addition to the seatbelt and main warning light). I found the instructions for resetting it on clarke's garage, but I cannot find the white three-socket plastic connector that the instructions refer to. It says to locate it under the passenger side dashboard, but I've practically disassembled the entire dash and still don't see it.

Can someone please give me explicit instructions on where to find it, or even better a few pics? am I missing something obvious here?

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

If no one can help, I can probably get pics tommorrow- we pulled mine, as well as that little orange box, etc. I am not the one who really did it- I just watched, otherwise, I could probably tell you a bit more. Can you see that orange box? That's the control for the airbags (I'm assumig you know this). Not sure if this will help you find the rest button though. I just know I wanted rid of the thing forever & finally have it gone. Of course, my car is not running, so I can't actually DRIVE it, but hey...

BTW- you said you are somewhat dissasembling the dash...? You get to all of this from underneath, so I don't think it would help you to dissasemble anything at all. Are you trying to KEEP the airbags & just want them reset?
Old 08-25-2008, 06:10 PM
jhenkel
Track Day

Originally Posted by Robby
...Can you see that orange box?...
Yes, I did see the orange box under the dash.

Originally Posted by Robby
...you said you are somewhat dissasembling the dash...? You get to all of this from underneath, so I don't think it would help you to dissasemble anything at all. Are you trying to KEEP the airbags & just want them reset?
You are correct, I am just trying to reset the light, not remove the airbags. I didn't think that I was supposed to have had to disassemble the dash, but when I couldn't find the connector by just looking underneath I starting removing panels...
Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

If no one can help, I'll snap some pics tommorrow- I should be able to find what you're looking for, as mine is much more disassembled than I suspect your's to be...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
ritzblitz
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://clarks-garage.com/pdf-manual/elect-12.pdf

There are instructions from clarks garage. Hopefully that helps.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:18 PM
jhenkel
Track Day

Originally Posted by ritzblitz
http://clarks-garage.com/pdf-manual/elect-12.pdf

There are instructions from clarks garage. Hopefully that helps.
I have those instructions, it's the white plastic connector in the instructions that I cannot locate. The instructions just say 'under the passenger-side dash...'

Pics please!?!?!
Old 08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Mine was tucked up under the carpet and had a vinyl cover on it (black I think, but it may have been red). It was right above the computers against the firewall tucked behind the carpet.

Quick Reply: Airbag light reset - where?