Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I sent $ for wheels, but received no wheels. Advice?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Four things:

1. Jay W--I purchased a set of cookie cutters last fall, and I refinished them back in April. I sold my phone dials after mounting the cookie cutters. So, at least my car does have wheels!

2. I plan to call the seller today. I will insist on confirmation of shipment (or a refund) by Friday. I'll update on how that goes.

3. The seller advertised various parts for sale on this forum. After giving the issue considerable thought, I have come to the conclusion that a person who advertises in a public forum (e.g., Rennlist, E-bay) should expect to be held accountable. The name of the seller in question is Garron, and he lives in Kannapolis, NC. His Rennlist number is 7430. Back around April he advertised a Fiberwerx valance, wheels, and some other items for sale.

I hope nobody will come to any overly negative conclusions based solely on my experience. Yes, it bothers me that he hasn't shipped my wheels yet. But for now I still consider the matter unresolved. We'll see what happens by Friday.

In the meantime, perhaps other Rennlisters know Garron or have dealt with him. Perhaps you could shed some additional light on the situation.

If anyone who lives near Kannapolis wishes to offer assistance, I would be glad to hear about it.

4. Thanks again for all the advice and support.

Mark
Old 06-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
OK, I spoke with Garron this morning. He apologized and said he will be sure to get the wheels shipped this week. Whether or not it is a valid excuse for not getting the wheels shipped, I do believe that he has some problems at home. When he advertised his parts for sale, it was because he had plans to move, and he was getting rid of some extras. When I spoke with him a couple of weeks ago, he said his moving plans were on hold because his father was diagnosed with cancer. I trust him; I just would like to get the wheels soon.

Anyway, I should also mention that if he had intentions of ripping me off, he could have done so for more than the $230 I sent him. He advertised wheels with Bridgestone tires for (I think) $350 plus shipping. I told him I was interested in wheels, but I didn't need tires. He asked me to make an offer, and I said $180 plus $50 shipping for the wheels alone. He said he would send the wheels and tires for that amount. I offered to send him additional $ to cover the extra expense of shipping wheels plus tires, and he declined. So, he could have taken more money from me.

I think I will end up having gotten a good deal. I'm just anxious to get the wheels in my possession so I can figure out what I want to do with them (refinish if necessary, or use on the track). Now that summer is here I am eager for the opportunity to try a refinish. Summer sun should be good for baking paint. Of course, here in Maryland there hasn't been any summer sun, just April showers all the way through June.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:03 PM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep our fingers crossed.
Old 06-22-2003, 01:18 PM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
Where is the "seller" located? Post that and we can find another lister local to him. A knock on the door goes a long way to motivating someone. You don't need to threaten or be an ***, but face-to-face it is almost impossible to get away with the BS..
Old 06-22-2003, 01:54 PM
jjmson20
Addict
Rennlist Member

keep us posted
Old 06-22-2003, 05:09 PM
Inc. CEO
Track Day

If he's in NJ area, I'm thinking we get a couple of guys together and have a chat with the smuck.

Quick Reply: I sent $ for wheels, but received no wheels. Advice?