Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much blow by is acceptable

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:21 PM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How much blow by is acceptable

Saikou Michi Catch Can Surprise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW!!! I'm in shock....have been driving the car around easy, short runs of 20 30 miles on low boost and have logged around 300 miles on my rebuild. Just kinda getting to the point where I feel everything is as it should be (still have some minor tuning issues) before REALLY having some fun with the car. Drove down to a local autoX event (Irvine, CA) to check it out. Looks like a S-load of fun, hoping next month the car will be ready. Heading home I took the long way through some canyon roads in the area for "fun". When I got home thought id see if there was any oil in the CC....whoa!! 6oz!!! Is this normal?

I had a Lindsey Breather tank on for a short time and had drilled out the top of the AOS as recommended by LR. More than likely my problem? Agree? or are there other possible issues.
Thanks as always for your help.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:37 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sounds like you are definitly getting some- how much oil would you say it consumes on a regular basis? Say between oil changes.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:01 AM
Fluidplay
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couldn't tell you...Completely rebuilt motor. Just changed the oil last week after first 200 miles. Ski suggested the rings are most likely still seating in. Just didn't think there would be that much oil collecting on a fresh motor. I'll see how it goes over the next couple of weeks and see if the amount is less the next time. The one thing I though might be contributing is that I had drilled out the AOS when I was running a LR breather tank before the rebuild. The hole is almost twice the size.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I get more blowby that Rosie O'Donnell after Taco night. JK JK!

I think most of it comes from the turbo. It seems to not burn any oil unless I get on the boost.

Quick Reply: How much blow by is acceptable