Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Car got Tagged Last night.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008 | 09:22 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

I deal with this crap every week. They love my 24 ft enclosed trailer. I keep a can of carburetor cleaner and all it takes is one shot and wipe off immediately. Then wax the area and its as good as new. It will take you 2 minutes to clean it all off.
Old 08-03-2008 | 09:25 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Some people are pussies.

BB.
Old 08-03-2008 | 09:31 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Legoland951
I deal with this crap every week. They love my 24 ft enclosed trailer. I keep a can of carburetor cleaner and all it takes is one shot and wipe off immediately. Then wax the area and its as good as new. It will take you 2 minutes to clean it all off.
I'd be careful with spraying carb cleaner on your paint. The trailer might have a different coating. Carb cleaner is nasty stuff.

Adam, you should take some photos of it and send them to the police before you try and clean it off.

Good luck catching the guys.....hell, if its gang stuff, drive around till the rival gang "finds" you. Then ask them who you should be paying a visit. Offer them a couple of bucks to help look.
Old 08-03-2008 | 09:57 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

I have used carb cleaner on many cars and its definitely not acidic like easy off or dissolve automotive paint like acetone/paint thinner. Gumout brand is best (I tried them all) and my minibus gets cleaned all the time. The minibus has automotive paint just like my trailer(repainted). I probably have more hands on experience than anyone else on here since the ghettos of Long Beach offers hands on experience on such matters. Trust me, Gumout carb cleaner, quick spray, wipe off, and wax over to neutralize.
Old 08-03-2008 | 10:15 PM
roman944
Drifting

find out who did that and ask them to do the other side?

really though, sucks; insurance coverage? or homeowners insurance?

usually graffiti artists aren't hard to find because they all have their own unique style and many use their name or abraviation in their art, so if you have a local car forum or something you might want to ask there and see if anyone can help
Old 08-03-2008 | 10:37 PM
El Commandante
Pro

I think you should just put some 22's on it and call it good!!!
Old 08-03-2008 | 11:19 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

I have used carb cleaner on many cars and its definitely not acidic like easy off or dissolve automotive paint like acetone/paint thinner. Gumout brand is best (I tried them all) and my minibus gets cleaned all the time. The minibus has automotive paint just like my trailer(repainted). I probably have more hands on experience than anyone else on here since the ghettos of Long Beach offers hands on experience on such matters. Trust me, Gumout carb cleaner, quick spray, wipe off, and wax over to neutralize.

Sounds good since you have the knowledge. I clean all my tools after a big job with brake cleaner (which will take off certain paints like 911 bilstien shocks). This includes the craftman screwdrivers that are red and blue. It leaves those alone, but when I was cleaning the carbs on my motorcycle, it not only ate off the paint, but I swear it mangled the plastic.

Not the same as car paint, but nasty stuff.
Old 08-03-2008 | 11:33 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Get a huge piece of paper and stick it to you car with the message, "You guys are punk pussies. Knock on my door, ********! Let's handle this like MEN!"

Then see if anything happens.
Old 08-04-2008 | 12:19 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

If I did that, they would probably burn my house down marc as I live pretty much on the intersection of 3 gangs where they are trying to mark their feuded territory on my trailer. I would hardly call them "graffitti artists". The best term I would use are vandals and normally I call them f*ckin a@@holes. I get mental images of taking a 12 gauge shotgun and splattering their brain on the side of my enclosed trailer. I guess I can call myself a brain artist if that ever happens.
Old 08-04-2008 | 12:48 AM
jtsporsche
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by potent951turbo86
I hate when people mess with someone else's car, the car can't defend itself.
try to tell that to Bond, James Bond.

but that sucks. and is it just me, or does this seem to be happening more and more?
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:01 AM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

If I did that, they would probably burn my house down marc as I live pretty much on the intersection of 3 gangs where they are trying to mark their feuded territory on my trailer. I would hardly call them "graffitti artists". The best term I would use are vandals and normally I call them f*ckin a@@holes. I get mental images of taking a 12 gauge shotgun and splattering their brain on the side of my enclosed trailer. I guess I can call myself a brain artist if that ever happens.
Well, how about some motion-activated security cameras? Or... some bloodthirsty dogs of some sort?
Old 08-04-2008 | 01:49 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

I have a wireless G network camera but the problem is even if you are able to prosecute them (try showing a video of a shaved head gang f#ck to a cop when they all look alike), they will come back and firebomb your house like they did when we gunpointed 2 guys stealing stuff from my garage during the time I lived in Harbor ****y. We got them arrested and incarcerated but where do you stop when their buddies come? I have a life and its just not worth it to take on a gang and try to kill them all if they come after me and my family. This unfortunately is a byproduct of illegal immigration and their offsprings.
Old 08-04-2008 | 02:43 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

glass em
Old 08-04-2008 | 03:47 AM
GloriaRedStang
Racer

That sucks and I'm sorry it happened, but don't give these ******** free rent in your head. **** happens and how you deal with it is sometimes the only thing you can control about it. File a police report and make an insurance claim. Maybe be more vigilant, alert your neighbors and maybe these ****ers will be caught.

I'm not sure I'd be good at taking my own advice if this happened to me, though.
Old 08-04-2008 | 04:40 AM
pkt1213
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VaSteve
Sounds good since you have the knowledge. I clean all my tools after a big job with brake cleaner (which will take off certain paints like 911 bilstien shocks). This includes the craftman screwdrivers that are red and blue. It leaves those alone, but when I was cleaning the carbs on my motorcycle, it not only ate off the paint, but I swear it mangled the plastic.

Not the same as car paint, but nasty stuff.

Carb cleaner and brake cleaner are different products. I know you can use brake cleaner to clean weapons but carb cleaner will eat the parkarization off.

Quick Reply: My Car got Tagged Last night.