Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2003, 05:30 PM
RobbyK
Pro

Location: The mistake on the lake other wise known as Erie PA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PCA

Does anyone know how long it takes the PCA to reply to your application ?
Old 05-21-2003, 05:34 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just recently applied, and got my cards in about 2 weeks. I believe that this will also depend on your local chapter. I believe that the process is that the local chapter must vote you in, then send your documents onto National. If the local chapter only votes on new members during scheduled Board meetings, this might ultimately delay your application. The chapter I joined got Board approval for my membership through a combination of phone calls and e-mail.

Tom
Old 05-21-2003, 05:37 PM
RobbyK
Pro

I signed up online with credit card infomation do you get an email from them or call if u get aproved?
Old 05-21-2003, 05:41 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
You should get something in 1-2 weeks. They are fast.

Tifo
Old 05-21-2003, 05:48 PM
RobbyK
Pro

I also signed up for Rennlist what using paypal to pay what should I expect there and will I be able to keep this log in name ?
Old 05-21-2003, 05:59 PM
TMH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Once again, I just did the same thing, also joining using PayPal. You can keep your log in name, and you will get an e-mail confirmation in 1-2 days, then a membership package in the mail a few days later.

Tom
Old 05-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Forget the PCA. They want $42 to RENEW!!! I'd rather GIVE $42 to Rennlist. That is, if I had $42 to begin with.

I'm not going to renew. Don't get anything other then Pano for it anyway. I never have time to make the "events" and what not.

-Matt
Old 05-21-2003, 06:03 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Matt, ever gonna post my review that I sent 2 weeks ago?

Tifo
Old 05-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Tifo, can you send it again? I must have missed it. Just checked Outlook and I can't find it. Please send it again. Thanks! I need to grow that thing, thanks for helping.

-Matt
Old 05-21-2003, 06:48 PM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I joined PCA in January this year just as I bought my car and I have to say it is worth it for one simple thing if you need to maintain your car and that is the $100 off discount coupon for a $200 purchase from a dealer or select vendors who take them. Use it at Sunset Porsche in Oregon like I did or someplace else that doesn't sell for a huge amount of markup and that alone is worth the money, plus then you get the magazine and any events you attend free.

That said my local PCA chapter sucks. Plain and simple. They have "planned" about 5 events this year and all of them have been cancelled due to lack of participation or interest. They did do a DE last year, but wimped out this year. Honestly I can't wait to move elsewhere that a more active region exists. I won't say the people that I've met are bad, but most of them are club racers and gone or busy with their racecars on the weekends or they work or whatever. I don't have the time off (I work Saturdays too) to run around to other chapters in the area for events (about a 90 minute drive to the nearest which has adopted me unofficially with my friends there) as most of their events start on Saturday mornings and I can't get to the event in time to do anything.

Anyway, my $9.51 cents worth (hey, these cars are expensive to fix....).

Cheers!
Old 05-21-2003, 06:57 PM
Tom
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
At one time PCA applications had to go through a local region but I don't believe that has been the case since before I joined 13-14 years ago, especially now with online services.

If you are in a region that isn't especially active remember that you are (generally) welcome at events in other regions. This is especially useful if you are interested in track events as not all regions have the wherewithal to put on such an event. The downside is you may have to travel but at least you have a nice vehicle to travel in (unless you built a dedicated track car!!)
Old 05-21-2003, 06:59 PM
Predator
Pro

I'm a PCA member (or was?). Received all my stuff, got one newsletter from the local chapter, attended one "meeting" and never heard from them again. I think they were intimedated by my car!
Old 05-21-2003, 07:45 PM
nixwiz
Instructor

I joined six months ago, started receiving Pano, but never heard from my local chapter until a month or so ago when they emailed me to say it was time to renew. Funny, I never joined/contacted my local chapter, but they'd be glad for me to renew. I won't be renewing my membership nationally, it hasn't been worth it.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

Personally, i cannot see NOT being in PCA. I find Rennlist just as worth it. I guess it depends on your region though. I know the Potomac region is quite active. There is something going on almost every weekend. And if not in our region, in the region next to us which is only 30 minutes to most of their events anyways. Everyone is into it, and ive even got calls from people looking to meet up at upcoming events. 33 people came to the first rally...it was Porsche madness while being completely lost in a strange town. If you think your region is no good, try meeting up with an adjacent region. PCA is national and open to all members.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:19 PM
Al P.
Pro

First let me apologize for what appears to have been several bad experiences with PCA.

That said my wife and I are the program chairs (we set the meeting topics) for the Northern New Jersey region. Our region runs 13 DE's at 7 different tracks (Mosport to VIR) during the year has an active rally program an active Concours program and we run 8 to 10 Auto-X's each year. Monthly meetings are well attended and the topics run the gambit from Dyno testing, concours and preservation, engine building and guest speakers including Hurley Haywood, our newsletter Porscheforus has received awards on the national level. Needless to say NNJR's members get their $42.00 dollars worth!

Quick Reply: PCA