Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector and Regulator Leaking - Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 10:03 PM
ron.eddy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fuel Injector and Regulator Leaking - Need Help

Good evening everyone,

I just did a bunch of work under the intake and reinstalled everything, following the instructions from clarks-garage. For the fuel injectors I got all the clips on correctly, but the outer injectors snap audibly as soon as I start torquing the rail down, and upon inspection they do not seem to be getting seated all the way into the intake manifold. So, thinking maybe this is how it was supposed to be (and after many attempts to make them go in like the middle two) I decided to jumper the DME relay to turn on the fuel pump. When I did this, the pump started filling the rail and I couldn't see any visible leaks at first so I let it keep running until I heard all of the gurgling and such end, then I removed the jumper wire. I went and looked at the injectors and one of the outer ones was leaking badly where the injector meets the intake! Also, the regulator was leaking from the body (see attached image). So, my questions are two-fold:

1. I did not expect the injector to leak at the bottom like it did, since the injector was not firing how could gas have went out the tip of it??? I am worried I just filled everything with gas!

2. When the rail was off I left the fuel lines connected and just moved it to the side. I was very careful with everything and the regulator did not leak before. Could this leak be caused by leaving the fuel pump running for too long, or is it likely I need another regulator, although I don't understand how it broke...

Thanks in advance.

Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 PM
ron.eddy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, after a little more investigation it appears one of my injectors is leaking, since it is spurting fuel from between the lower o-ring and the plastic spacer... It is possible the leak in the fuel regulator was actually just residual fuel that sprayed up from the injector. Hopefully after I put a new injector in everything will be ok.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector and Regulator Leaking - Need Help