Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone experienced this.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 08:35 PM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone experienced this.....

This just started today......my AC only comes on when the left **** is turned full on (right/fourth dot). Dead otherwise. I fooled around (with the various buttons) and when I push the windshield defrost, it blow hot in all four positions. What would cause this?

Thanks,

BO
Old 06-21-2008, 09:59 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 113 Posts

What about the blower fan? Does it only work on high or is only the AC affected?

I don't know what sort of 944 you have but on an 85.5+ car only having high-speed blower could be the fan control switch coming apart or it could be the little bimetal strips in the blower speed resistor pack. the bimetal strips can be cleaned and will go back to normal, the fan switch can also usually be sorted out if you take the CC head apart and carefully get the switch back together.

Here is a thread on fixing the bimetal strip things:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=bimetal

-Joel.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 AM
BlackOp
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jfrahm
What about the blower fan? Does it only work on high or is only the AC affected?

I don't know what sort of 944 you have but on an 85.5+ car only having high-speed blower could be the fan control switch coming apart or it could be the little bimetal strips in the blower speed resistor pack. the bimetal strips can be cleaned and will go back to normal, the fan switch can also usually be sorted out if you take the CC head apart and carefully get the switch back together.

Here is a thread on fixing the bimetal strip things:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...hlight=bimetal

-Joel.
Sorry the blower motor....is the part to clean the bottom thin strip? Top and bottom? It worked fine today but quit after the carwash. Would that factor into the failure?

Thanks for the link..the problem is exactly as described. I am a little confused about which part to clean though.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackOp
Thanks for the link..the problem is exactly as described. I am a little confused about which part to clean though.
just read that thread in the link provided it explains exactly where to clean
Old 06-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 113 Posts

In that other thread there is a photo with a yellow arrow pointing to one of the bimetal strip switches. try cleaning both of them. If that does not work you might have a bad fan switch in your CC head. Mine came apart last year and only worked on high. It's nice to get those switches in the resistor module clean though so you might try that first.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 PM
soltino
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face AC only comes on when the left **** is turned full on

Originally Posted by BlackOp
This just started today......my AC only comes on when the left **** is turned full on (right/fourth dot). Dead otherwise. I fooled around (with the various buttons) and when I push the windshield defrost, it blow hot in all four positions. What would cause this?

Thanks,

BO

It fits (-%

tino

Quick Reply: Anyone experienced this.....