Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical woes

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002 | 07:55 AM
Robert D
Three Wheelin'

Post Electrical woes

Seems I have a few problems to sort out with the electronics...
1st, how hard is it to replace the light for the dash clock?

2nd, My electric seat adjustment shot some sparks out when I pushed one of the buttons, I broke it apart and found a broken piece (white piece)...can I order the internals of this switch? (I found a ball-bearing and spring, don't know if the spring belongs though...)

3rd, My trunk switch blows the fuse every time i hit the button. Has anybody had this trouble before? I assume the button/switch has something wrong with it...any thoughts?

4th, My sunroof has a problem where it would detract the gears all the way when the car was running. I think they are only supposed to do this when the key was in the 2nd pos. What needs to be done?

5th, On the A/C panel...with the two sliders which determine what vents to open...the plastic piece which serves as a handle for the top switch is broken, does anyone have a spare from a parts car lying around???

Thanks,
-Robert D.
Old 11-21-2002 | 08:08 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

robert
1)clock light: dont know for sure, taking clock out can be time consuming
2)switch: most probably you need the complete switch. Internals as contact fingers or so are not sold as part. You might want to check used parts suppliers.
3)Trunck switch: disconnect the motor and try again to eliminate an lock-up / short cut there.
Then have a look at the wiring under the console, there might be an shortcut there. It is cramped inthere so be carefull.
4)Sunroof retraction: Power is still applied to a part of the circuit while ignition key switch is in pos 2. This looks like an US$110 or so sunroof relay that requires replacement.
5)AC: Have no AC, cant help here.
TakeCare

Quick Reply: Electrical woes