Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBAY A/C Compressor (anyone bought from him?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default EBAY A/C Compressor (anyone bought from him?)

I've been looking for a bearing to replace my failing A/C Compressor Clutch Bearing. However, I've been having a hard time finding just the bearing for the Nippondenso 10P15E, there was a previous post by Scuba Steve however the company he bought the bearing from has closed down. I'm not having much luck myself finding the bearing. If only I could find the number on the bearing then I bet NAPA could order one no problem. I'm having a hard time finding the time to remove the compressor clutch just to look at the bearing.

Anyone have an old a/c clutch assembly (Nippondenso 10P15E) laying around that could take a look at the number on the bearing?

The closest I've come is this: http://www.sunairusa.com/eBulletins/...ring_specs.pdf

That place (sunair) shows a couple of different bearings for the 10P15 but never specifically for the 10P15E (Anyone have any idea which one it is?)

I'm starting to think that I'll just replace the entire compressor. I found this entire compressor assembly on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWD1V

Anyone bought from this ebay seller before?

The race to beat the failing bearing continues!
Old 06-10-2008, 12:51 PM
robert944h
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got good news!

The bearing is a made by Federal-Mogul Bearings and the number is 5001-KFF
Old 06-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Dsalillas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My third compressor from pack990 failed last week they were all covered under warranty but the hassle of paying return shipping, installing and reinstalling has outweighed the low cost. Nevermind the fact that they only lasted 5 or 6 months before they locked up. The last one was so bad it ripped off the mounting bracket, shearing the bolts

Maybe I just got a bad one and they kept trying to rebuild the same one. When you return one they keep it for over a week before they send you another one, which makes me believe they that they just rebuild it over again.

Today, actually as soon as i'm done posting this, I will be installing a brand new Sanden unit. I got the kit from Vertex for $379 and a dryer for another $18 Vertex Link.

This was the best price I found for a a complete kit. It came with all the hoses, mounting hardware and detailed instructions.

Harbor freight has a sale on AC vaccums for $10.99. I think I paid $16 for one before they went on sale. The also have AC manifolds on sale for $39. Can't find the link for it but its on the mailout flyer. Heres the link for the vaccum.Harbor Frieght link.

If your set on replacing the clutch bearing, Autozone will let you borrow an AC clutch puller for free.

Last edited by Dsalillas; 06-10-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Received 298 Likes on 231 Posts

The bearing for the stock compressor is available Here for $19

A fully remanufactured compressor is available Here for $345 (no affiliation)

This one is fitted to one of my cars for over a year now and still as ice cold as the day it was fitted. Fully remanufactured and warrantied, not just rebuilt with new seals, it looks and almost is like new.

Mike
Old 06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

robert944h,

I found the part on rockauto.com, I think the part number is actually 5000KFF for the nippondenso compressor and 5001KFF for the Sanden Unit. When you go through the vehicle selection process on the rockauto website (i.e. 1986->Porsche->944->Turbo->A/C System->Clutch Bearing), it gives the bearing part # as Timken 5000KFF and below it notes that it is for a Nippondenso 10P15
Nevertheless, when I put the bearing# you gave me into Google, it lead me to the right place! Thanks a lot! Now I can simply install the bearing when it gets here and have little downtime (I rely on the 944 sometimes).

gina.kane:

I checked the dimensions for the 5000KFF and 5001KFF and the only difference is the Bearing Outer Race Radius which is 0.024" for the 5001KFF and 0.0252 for the 5000KFF. The outer diameter, width, bore and inner race radius dimensions are the same for both part #'s. I believe I should be in good shape with the 5000KFF that rockauto automatically selected for my car, no?

Last edited by Type_LT; 06-10-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:44 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsalillas

Harbor freight has a sale on AC vaccums for $10.99. I think I paid $16 for one before they went on sale. The also have AC manifolds on sale for $39. Can't find the link for it but its on the mailout flyer. Heres the link for the vaccum.Harbor Frieght link.

If your set on replacing the clutch bearing, Autozone will let you borrow an AC clutch puller for free.
Do those little vacuum pumps work ? I was looking at something like this
http://www.worldwidetooltruck.com/product/FJCKIT6
Old 06-10-2008, 04:40 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I have the HF venturi pump and it works pretty well, provided you have an air compressor that can keep up with it. My venturi pump is the one with the metal housing - I noticed that they sell another one with a plastic housing - no idea how well that one works.

My compressor is a 3hp (@100% duty cycle) 60 gallon Ingersoll Rand (ss3 pump) and it barely keeps up. My little portable DeWalt compressor won't. I've been considering getting an electric vacuum pump, but decent ones are expensive ($200+).

Quick Reply: EBAY A/C Compressor (anyone bought from him?)