Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost hit a tree today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 10:15 PM
pjburges
Burning Brakes

I would advise against showing off to friends! I thought Id cruise home *swiftly*, but certainly not out of control. I slowed down from 65 or so to turn this 90 deg. corner into my neighborhood, definetly pulled in fast, but didnt really even hum the tires. ~30mph

My best friend was apparently attempting to catch up and race me, and had floored his big BMW up to about 135 mph down the straight leading to that corner, laid in the brakes and dropped to around 35 for the turn into the neighborhood. He got overzealous though, and stepped on the gas as he was leaving the corner which downshifted the auto tranny, with the extra power he started fishtailing, went across into the other lane, and tboned, and TOTALED a 1 ton pickup truck. The repair bill on his BMW is now passing 10K, and its only worth 11!!

SO DONT SHOW OFF OR EVEN EXCEED THE LAW, YOU FEEL GUILTY WHEN YOUR FRIENDS START CRASHING AROUND YOU! OR WORSE YOU CRASH YOUR OWN!!!!

My friend has an ego issue, he loves to pass me in his nifty V8 bimmer. His ego got taught a lesson about why you dont follow Porsche's into corners that day, but I certainly didnt want or intend to teach him that lesson!
Old 06-06-2008 | 05:01 PM
jtsporsche
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pjburges
YOU FEEL GUILTY WHEN YOUR FRIENDS START CRASHING AROUND YOU! OR WORSE YOU CRASH YOUR OWN!!!!

My friend has an ego issue, he loves to pass me in his nifty V8 bimmer. His ego got taught a lesson about why you dont follow Porsche's into corners that day, but I certainly didnt want or intend to teach him that lesson!
yeah, f-ing up your car sucks, but if my friend wrecks his while trying to play with me, i say tough ****.

and i also have friends like that... i desperatley try not to drive anywhere near them.
Old 06-06-2008 | 05:11 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

haha. reminds me of one time...wait..no alot of times when **** like that has happened.

one friend in a stock 318is tried to follow me through a turn and wiped out and hit a mailbox. LOL
then a friend in an ECHO...a frikin echo!, tried to follow me around a sweeper and ended up drifting and almost spinning but he somehow saved it.

good stuff....

Quick Reply: Almost hit a tree today....