Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rennbay Seat Upholstery Kits

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 05:46 PM
jmd_forest
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the inland import covers off ebay for $249. They're not "bad" and the install eventually came out very nice . However, the covers did not include the pocket for the wire stay that goes in the third seam from the rear on the seat bottom. I had to use the wife's sewing machine and some spare vinyl to build a stay and sew it in. It added about 4 hours to a total install time of about 20 hours (both seats: remove, remove covers, recover, reinstall). Also, I thought the vinyl was a little thin/fragile. I think I would go for a better kit if I were going to do it again.

jmd_forest
Old 06-04-2008, 10:56 PM
jwlester
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only gotten a few things from Rennbay but anyone that loves these cars enough to make it a business and still provide great products for a super reasonable price is a stand up guy in book.

Anyway, anyone have any info on the Cypok seat skins? I really have no need to go full leather again but would like to find the best quality vinyl kit I can. Anyone know anything else?

Cheers, Josh
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd_forest
I bought the inland import covers off ebay for $249. They're not "bad" and the install eventually came out very nice . However, the covers did not include the pocket for the wire stay that goes in the third seam from the rear on the seat bottom. I had to use the wife's sewing machine and some spare vinyl to build a stay and sew it in. It added about 4 hours to a total install time of about 20 hours (both seats: remove, remove covers, recover, reinstall). Also, I thought the vinyl was a little thin/fragile. I think I would go for a better kit if I were going to do it again.

jmd_forest
i think the thinner vinyl makes it easier to manipulate to get a smoother job done. i re did the seats on my 68 firebird. i changed the buns too and it took two days. my hands killed me after using the hog ring pliers and dikes. i had to stab the hog ring through the foam, get the vinyl and the bar that went across and then use the hog ring. the tough part was getting a straight line.

Quick Reply: Rennbay Seat Upholstery Kits