Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944Fest 2008 @ Mid Ohio Aug. 15, 16 & 17 - Registration Now Open -

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

So is the "specail tool" going to show up to the Dyno shootout this year??? I opened up to the www.porschehybrids.com forums so he may have some competition from the V8 conversion boys.. This year may be a tough one on the Dyno, even for the upgraded turbo guys.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:56 AM
944Fest (aka Dan P)
Unaffiliated

Received 205 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
i have a lipstick cam too but no pvc pipe. thats a pretty good idea. brilliant!
Coming from you, a most serious compliment. Insane is more like it. You have no idea how close I came to bouncing it off the roofs of passing cars. Audio was a lot of wind, but at the campfire we projected the raw video onto a big screen, and I was flat BLOWN AWAY by the cool footage we got. Who remembers that? I had visions of producing a similar vid for hire by car clubs doing track weekends. The pole I used was an extendable aluminium type for changing high up signs.

I got the idea from a factory porsche vid, when they film the 944/951 in the desert, they have rolling footage including the film cameras/boom truck.
My avatar was from the boom cam, at aprox 60 MPH on track Nelsons, with a stunt driver.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Originally Posted by horsepowerfarm
mmm, let see, a weekend in August at one of the finest tracks in the United States.

This big dog will be there........

Great job Travis, and a giant tip of the helmet to my buddy Dan P.

If you don't show up, you will only read about it.

Alright! Glad to hear you will make it again Winslow.

You probably don't remember the advice you gave me last year. But - I am a newly liberated man. Will be bringing my very special lady this year. She may be bringing her own 944 as well.

We are picking it up tonight. It's outrageously priced at more than twice what I paid for mine. Which is still less than what most of you guys spend on wax each year...
Old 06-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
Alright! Glad to hear you will make it again Winslow.

You probably don't remember the advice you gave me last year. But - I am a newly liberated man. Will be bringing my very special lady this year. She may be bringing her own 944 as well.
Now all we need is Russell and the 'Children of the 60's' will be well represented.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
Now all we need is Russell and the 'Children of the 60's' will be well represented.
I consider myself a child of the 70s. My girlfriend is a child of the 80s. Then again, we're all just children...
Old 06-02-2008, 12:24 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
I consider myself a child of the 70s. My girlfriend is a child of the 80s. Then again, we're all just children...
Someone asked me if my 944 was a sign that I was entering my 2nd childhood. I told them that I wasn't finished with my first childhood yet!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Tenacious_G
Three Wheelin'

I forsee us once again walking the line between fun and death come August. Fire jumping and debauchery for all!
Old 06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Tenacious_G
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Vjgtrybno1
LOL "What's that smell? It's coming from the bonfire...."
Old 06-02-2008, 01:50 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 94 Posts

I didn't miss anything did I? I registered two weeks ago and my status is still "Pending". When I registered it said something about getting a confirmation sheet by email or something. Never got it or it went into my spam box. I don't want to miss this event!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
I didn't miss anything did I? I registered two weeks ago and my status is still "Pending". When I registered it said something about getting a confirmation sheet by email or something. Never got it or it went into my spam box. I don't want to miss this event!
All the orders that were / are placed are still in pending status, but don't worry, you are signed up. You should recieve an update of your order status on the 19th including all the tech forms, etc..
Nothing will bill to the CCs and the status will not change until 19th of this month. So if anyone wants to get in on the discount track rate but are worried about it posting to your card before hand go ahead and sign up now. Nothing is billing until 19th no matter when you sign up.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:03 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by xsboost90
Sam you better not bring that ricer to the fest or im kickin your a$$!
Yeah yeah yeah, I hear ya. The S2000 is going to Nelsons this weekend and the 951 will be @ Mid-O

Travis, Ill signup today.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm now registered....

btw... what run group should i have registered for? I wouldn't call myself "advanced" or "novice". If there was an "intermediate", i would choose that. I recently got moved up into white/solo w/ the Niagara PCA. I listed myself as "advanced", but wouldn't make a very good instructor.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
All the orders that were / are placed are still in pending status, but don't worry, you are signed up. You should recieve an update of your order status on the 19th including all the tech forms, etc..
Nothing will bill to the CCs and the status will not change until 19th of this month. So if anyone wants to get in on the discount track rate but are worried about it posting to your card before hand go ahead and sign up now. Nothing is billing until 19th no matter when you sign up.
Where do we need to go to view this so-called "status"? I haven't even found that. I'd also be curious to see the others that have signed up. Does such a list exist (other than in some database in the secret Rennbay laboratory)?
Old 06-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Status... you just log back into your account on the registration page and view previous orders. Duh..

Humm.. a list. You are spoiled from the previous two years when we had the auto-update track drivers list that I built for the home page.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Travis - sflraver
Status... you just log back into your account on the registration page and view previous orders. Duh..

Humm.. a list. You are spoiled from the previous two years when we had the auto-update track drivers list that I built for the home page.
Spoiled. Yeah - that's it. I'm spoiled.

....was wondering what that smell was.

I'll try the log on idea. Didn't get very far when I tried that a few minutes ago. Something about a password. Evidently didn't like the one I thought I liked...

Quick Reply: 944Fest 2008 @ Mid Ohio Aug. 15, 16 & 17 - Registration Now Open -