Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Thread-Taj Kreuzers Details This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:09 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Post New Thread-Taj Kreuzers Details This Weekend

Kill two birds with one stone here and heed Pete's advice. Directions for you out of the area guys as follows, and you Dayton guys make corrections as necessary; I-75 to Dayton, take exit 51 (it is south of the downtown area). If you are coming from the south on I-75 you will go right at the bottom of the ramp and if coming from the north on I-75 you will go left (but either way you should be heading eastward when you turn) and you should immediately see the University of Dayton Arena on the left side and the Great Miiami River on the right side of the road you are on. Go a short distance on this road to the first light (Stewart St.) and make a right turning on to the bridge. As soon as you cross the bridge go right at the first light (Patterson Blvd). Go another short distance while lookig to the right for a tall tower with bells in the middle of it called Deed's Carillon, which is the namesake of Carillon Park, which is where the show is held. Follow the appropriate signs into the park and have a good time. Looks like I'll be able to get away from work to make the cruise, and was hoping to make the auto-x to support Jeremy and Dale, but looks like it is not to be. Oh well, see ya'll Sun. morning....
Old 05-30-2003, 05:14 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW what exactly is this event? I went to the "Taj Kreuzers" website and became immediately confused.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:22 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 37 Posts
its a concours/car show (mostly porsche and vw), auto-x, and driving tour. all procedes go to ronald mcdonald house charities. the feature is seeing all of john dixon's (taj him self) great porsche collection (see the website and click museum to see the collection!!!).

ill be there sunday morning. maybe saturday evening if i have enough time.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:24 PM
schlag
Burning Brakes

Interesting. Seems like a pretty eccentric fellow. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:14 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Good directions Wade. Spot on, as the Brits would say.

Anyone here doing the Auto-X tomorrow?
It's going to rain, but that only makes it more interesting, IMHO.

I HOPE that Dixon has his 951 cup car there at the show. I am dying to see one in person.

I will take as many hi-res photos as my digital camera will hold (I have 2 memory cards, so that's a lot...)

Tifo
Old 05-30-2003, 07:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Im hoping to make it but still not sure yet. If I register does that mean people are going to be judging my car? Im not cleaning it up in the slightest to win any ribbons so if if I go, its purely to see other P-Cars and park alongside them in the shade.
Old 05-30-2003, 07:51 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Chris, you'll probably win anyway. Your car is top notch. I won first last year and I didn't even wash it before the show.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:08 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
No white-glove judges here.

Pleaze don't take my shady spot, I need it to hide my old red paint......

Tifo
Old 05-30-2003, 08:30 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts
Looks like the weather for Sunday is supposed to be great. But this is from the people who are touting global warming fifty years into the future but can't get it right 24 hrs. away........
Old 05-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Dales944
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by tifosiman:
<strong>Anyone here doing the Auto-X tomorrow?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I hope to. I'm afraid to get too wild with my brand new clutch, and I'm sure I'll grab some cones if it's wet (Heck, I'll probably get some if it's dry!). The Auto-X is practically walking distance from my house, so I'll be heading up there no matter what the weather.

In case some of you are not aware - the Auto-X Saturday is NOT at Carillon park (great directions by the way, Wade). But of course, the show Sunday is at Carillon. I just didn't want anyone to show up at Carillon Saturday morning looking for an Auto-X.

To those of you who've seen my car, you know it'll be parked in the "civilian" parking lot Sunday, but I'll be over in the shade drooling.
Old 05-30-2003, 11:10 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
I have a scuff mark in the lower right corner of my front air dam. Really aggravates me. Maybe the grass will be high enough that no one will see it. I would normally get it fixed but I plan on getting the car repainted in a year or two (same color) so it just makes sense to wait and do it then when they are farting around on the bodywork and stripping stuff down.

Im NOT going to wash mine before I go. I just washed it last week and wont have time.

I did put a black PORSCHE banner on the windshield a couple weeks ago but you can barely see it from the outside because of the factory tint in the windshielf glass up there. It looks cool from the inside though.

Im also thinking of removing it and putting the silver PORSCHE banner on, thinking the tint in the glass up there will darken it to a charcoal-ish and it will be perfect.
Old 05-31-2003, 10:00 PM
pete944
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The auto-x was great. The weather sucked, but there were a lot of nice cars. I got lots of pics. I'll post some after tomorrow's show.

Quick Reply: New Thread-Taj Kreuzers Details This Weekend