Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clewett engineering wire doesn't fit (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Clewett engineering wire doesn't fit (pics)

I ordered the Clewett engineering wires for my car from paragon 83-89 944. they look creat adn all the wires to the spark plugs fit great and the connectors are beru and the wires look like they are high quality parts.

but then I went to install the coil wire and the part that is suppose to attach to the coil has the wrong connector , it is a femal connector instead of the old male type and it would lock in obviously and fits very loosly on teh coil. So now I have brand new wires and have to use the old probably 20 year old coil wire.

what do I do? will i have to sent the entire wire set back? or should i just use the old coil wire, Even with the old coil wire I can tell it runs better with the new wires. Any way they can just send me the coil wire? guess I"ll have to phone paragon. I hate shipping things back.

anyways here are teh pics.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

oh yeah and I'm positive the spark plug wires are original lol, says Bremi, West Germany on them lol.

so now I have 4 brand new wires and then a 22 year old coil wire. Maybe I can find a coil that fits that spark plug wire?
Old 04-19-2008, 09:07 PM
Strike-Force
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should run all your plug wires under your manifold!
Old 04-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

why is that?

also what do you think about the clewett coil fire havign the female connector instead? I installed it and it does not snap onto the coil at all but it still seems to run fine like that but I"m scared it will pop off the coil with engine vibrations and then I'll get stuck. It's also likely that it's not making contact with teh coil and the current is jumping to the wire.

oh well I don't think I'm goign to deal with the hassle of returning them I'll just leave them on and keep my old coil wire in the car incase this one pops off.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:39 PM
brad-cam
Burning Brakes

The connector is fine I think. It's not really a female, it's a hollow male. It's a very common coil connector and it won't pop off.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

well it's not even as long as the other one and the old one goes on very tight and snaps on but this one just goes one without snapping on and I don't think it even makes contact the electricity is probably jumping from the coil to the wire but the car still seems to run fine (think).
Old 04-20-2008, 03:26 AM
pjburges
Burning Brakes

Ive been running my clewett coil wire like that for more than 9 months now, with no problems at all. Im using an MSD coil though, so the fit and snugness might be different. I doubt you will have an issue.

You should work on your wire routing though. Having the wires loose like that will fatigue them with time due to constantly vibrating on the motor. Also, even though they have that heat wrap, I wouldnt leave them resting on anything that got over 150*. Just my opinions though.

Quick Reply: Clewett engineering wire doesn't fit (pics)