Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disconnected vac lines and fuel leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008 | 10:53 PM
mzman
Instructor

Default Disconnected vac lines and fuel leak

I went to check my spark plugs tonight and found a mess of disconnected vac lines and I think I have found where my gas smell has been coming from. It is in a hard place to describe so here is a picture to help.

In circle 1 there are two vac lines disconnected, one coming from the fuel pressure dampener and the other goes to circle 2 where it hits a rubber "U" coupler and then just stops, and I don't see any other line near by.

What are these supposed to be doing?

Next in the blue circle on the fuel rail mount bolt and down below on top of the head near the spark plug and fuel injector and all that good stuff there is raw gas sitting around. What could be the problem, leaking injector?

Are the vac lines and the fuel related? If not is it possible for that injector to have a problem where it squirts gas out in that area? Oh and the car does seem to be running great besides having terrible gas mileage, 10-12mpg.
Old 04-16-2008 | 09:23 AM
mzman
Instructor

I was just looking on clarks garage vac diagram and I think I have traced that missing line to a "Control valve" not sure what it controls but what ever it is it doesn't have vacuum.

Here is a link to the diagram, I am pretty sure that I am missing the line that goes to "K".

http://www.clarks-garage.com/graphic...acuum-line.jpg

Quick Reply: Disconnected vac lines and fuel leak