Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

surfboard rack/sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 10:03 AM
Rip It
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike951 that's what I am talking about "ideas" and yours sounds like a good IDEA. Thanks for the input.
I agree the roof is rather lite weight/flimsey, I was thinking of removing the inside panel and epoxying a piece of plywood to the inside to strenghten it. That would also make it strong enough for me to bolt the rack on. I figure I have two problems (1) the rack seperating from the roof and (2) the roof seperating from the car.
Please keep positive ideas coming.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:29 AM
Jaay87S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see V2Rocket found the pic of my 87 with the surfboard hanging out (or hanging ten..?)

My board is a 6'8" tri-fin and it actually works very well. Because of the angle, there's hardly any room for it to bounce up and down as the wind catches, so it doesn't ruin the board or the roof line. The only slight problem is the little bit of wax that comes off onto the roof...easy fixed with a temporary piece of tape or a towel.

As far as a rack that's attached to a temporary sunroof goes--why not drill straight through the sunroof and be sure to switch in your regular/original one for rainy days? I guess this depends on whether or not you're a fair weather surfer...unfortunately the best waves are during storms (especially east coast)!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: surfboard rack/sunroof