Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Twin Turbo - Toyota Supra Edition..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 08:21 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Legoland951
Ok, you want to single me out, thats fine, lets play. Wow, Luis, are you defending a JAPANESE car over a 951? Why last time you were making fun of Honduh's so why is a Toyota different? Why is it when YOUR son owns something you defend him and talk about all kinds of excuses of going to college when you don't allow that kind of latitude with others? Are you agitated for others doing what you do all the time? Are you sure you are OK? When your son's car can show 1/4 miles in the 10s, come and talk to me. Mine does that stock and we can race for pinks so talk is cheap. All the POS cars (less 2 race car shells) in my yard run and for the degree of neglict they go through, ITS AMAZING RELIABILITY. Even the wrecks were driven in there. I just don't cut them up like you do.

"Don't get me wrong, I love 951's the way they are, oil leaks, oil smell, unrealiable, expensive to maintain but who cares it's my car and I like it the way it is." Well Luis, can you let other people like their car the way it is? Or, how about letting others dislike others car and be vocal about it like you do? Isn't there something called the Golden Rule? I thought the bible mentions somethout about that.

I am sorry you can't make your 951 reliable. Mine had 346k miles and I drive mine daily before the kid, which is more than 270k. I am surprised you are not defending the 951 instead.

Do you mean they run, because you put them in the driveway down hill?

My 951 was reliable even @ 23 psi, and I never blew a head gasket in 4 years, I ran it hard, but it did required meticulous maintenance, it was also a gem until an idiot rear ended me on the fwy., parts were expensive also, but I do admit, it will never be as tuff and reliable as a 1jz block. What is a definition of RICE? not swapping a better motor is it? I have never called a ls1 conversion rice, I just dislike all those extra cylinders is not my thing. Now I am not about to discredit you in a public forum, but I personally doubt all your 944’s run, just like that white 951 that I bought from you. You told me it was salvage but not because of a wreck. Well, it had sustained a severed front impact, the wheels where bend, it was a bad investment for me. But anyway I love 944’s specially turbos, I’ll keep searching for another gem to modify. About your 346k miles 951 it’s probably stock and it is most likely driven Mrs. Daisy style. About the 10sec ¼ mile, do you have any video of your runs?

Btw, if you don't agree with what I said, just look at my avatar title. Sad, I thought I was doing you a favor defending the Japanese , I personally tought you were japanese descendant.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

WOW this is getting nasty LOL.

Gotta say I love my Porsche, Its fun, Its a toy. I love her and most of the 924/944/968 Models, They are different and fun.

As far as toyotas, I am a toyota Master tech and have been working on them for 6 years plus 2 years of training. Gotta say they are the best Jap car out there. Yea they have some problems. But not that many compared to others. Yes most of their cars are kinda Normal and dont have the soul of a fun car but they do what they are made to do and they do it well. The supra is a killer car, I would love to own one. The engine is god. I dont see anything wrong with any conversions really. Not much of a fan of the LS1 or whatever, but to each his own and if you want easy power do it. AT least the guy is trying. I hate it when you get all the negitive people saying "it cant be done", "buy a 951" buy a chevy" WHat ever happend to people playing with their cars?? What ever happend to peoples imagination? Why not try it out and see what happens. DOnt believe everything some tells you on the internet.

I also dont believe people should publicly BASH each other on the internet, Its childish and stupid, Take it to a private place.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
PorscheDude1
On the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said,
It is easy to hind behind a keyboard.

It is just a car.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Opeth
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2008, 10:42 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Smokiemon944
Well said,
It is easy to hind behind a keyboard.

It is just a car.
Hide behind the keyboard? if you are refering to me, well I have seen legoland face to face, I can tell you whatever I said here, in a normal conversation face to face, I am not fighting it's just a expressing my point of view. I am a peaceful man.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I give the guy an E for effort for sure. But the spacers on the cross member moving it down means the front end must be moving up relative to the ground. Not good. I must assume this means the engine is just too tall to fit under the hood. If I were going to swap engines I would not accept this compromise. Even if you do fab a custom cross member to keep control arm pick up points the same, the mid section of that member will be 2-3 inches (apparently) lower than normal. I guess if your roads are always smooth you could live with this but otherwise it would be asking for trouble. And to beat the dead horse, you will need to upgrade the brakes and tranny at least. Oh well. To each his own and let the market decide if this is worth more than parts....
Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, again, put your $ where your words are. Come on over and I will drive every 944 less the 2 shells in and out of the yard. Lets bet $10,000. I think that ends the discussion. Maybe you need to push yours down the hill to run, I don't know.

Tough and reliable... I bet I can get my 951 block to go 500k miles. Again, because of experience in putting these cars back together after people thrash them. Its something that can't be felt by cutting things apart. You never called LS1 rice because its not Japanese but you called it just about everything else. I think rice is a nicer term than words you used in the past. Last time I checked, the toyota motor has extra cylinders too.

As for the 86 944 turbo, which you visually inspected it like I did and came to the same conclusion and I am sure you know what you are looking at having bought so many 944s in the past. Not to call you out in a public forum but such a vocal person as yourself would have definitely have called to let me know if I sold you a "severly wrecked" car so its clear to me why you are trying to portray a picture of cars not running in my yard (as if I care what you think about my cars). Why is it you never called me when you bought the car almost a year ago? Do you know what you are attempting to do is malicious?

My 346k mile 951 has a ticket for 109 documented and did over 150mph. Do you have documented proof your car did more? As for the 10 second bike, don't be lazy and google stock 93 GSXR 1100 1/4 mile times. Here, let me do the work. http://hem.bredband.net/b375786/history.htm 1/4 mile in 10.5@138mph. BTW, how many passes have you done in the 1/4 mile? Even my 88 katana 600 with steel frame did 12.01 with nothing more than a jet kit and a pipe at Brotherhood Raceway when it was open at Terminal Island and I even shifted every gear without a clutch at redline other than 1st.

I guess all Asians look like Japanese to you. I guess I should be lumping everyone south of the boarder in one group.

Luis, I am a peaceful man too. I don't say much unless I feel someone has gone too far.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM
944J
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lart is a good guy, i've met him, and he sold me some parts, he honestly tries to help people out, IMHO.

regardless, i like all cool cars, no matter what brand name, and i like all creative mods and swaps, and cool stuff, the hard part seems to be finishing them off professionally.

the guy's motivation for doing this is to have fun tinkering around and then sell the car for $7500 when he's just put in a few thousand or less in parts, the rest labor so he pockets around $4500 for his labor.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:21 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

lol, you call your junkyard cars???? Please come down from the cloud, I saw nothing but wrecks, the 951 you sold me was a jewel compared to the junk that you have accumulated in your back yard. Why do you think I never answered your calls to sell me more junk, because once someone lies to me I never do business with them again, sorry. About the ¼ mile, a bike that's your 10sec car?? I bet $ 10000.00 pesos there is no video of you riding that bike at the strip, that bike can do the ¼ mile in 10 sec no doubt but not with you riding it.

Take care

lart
Old 03-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Luis, my yard looks 100 times more than your personality, which shows clearly to many on this forum. Its why you single people out and insult them. I love my yard and believe me, with all the cars you cut up, you are actually a junkyard without a license. I know what I did on a bike. Whenever you want to race bike to bike. I am there so you can see in person how slow you really are. Talk is cheap. Lets see some action. Bring a video camera as you will be far enough behind me to videotape the whole thing.

I figured if I can't beat the bashers, join them. I am technically one of you now so why are you getting all worked up? I never singled you out like you do to others all the time.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Legoland951
Luis, my yard looks 100 times more than your personality, which shows clearly to many on this forum. Its why you single people out and insult them. I love my yard and believe me, with all the cars you cut up, you are actually a junkyard without a license. I know what I did on a bike. Whenever you want to race bike to bike. I am there so you can see in person how slow you really are. Talk is cheap. Lets see some action. Bring a video camera as you will be far enough behind me to videotape the whole thing.

I figured if I can't beat the bashers, join them. I am technically one of you now so why are you getting all worked up? I never singled you out like you do to others all the time.
You'll break a hip, don't try that in your bike. I am not insulting you, please people, I am just expressing my self, no insults here, I just called bs on your 10sec car which happen to be a bike that you don’t have videos of a slip to prove that you done the ¼ @ 10seconds not the bike because the bike can do it with the proper driver. Where is the insult? And my personality please let’s not go there I have to represent my self as a monster so I can keep people away from me.

Btw, welcome to the bashing club, it feels good doesn't?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

This thread is very OT for a technical forum if I say so myself.
Attached Images  
Old 03-04-2008, 12:02 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
This thread is very OT for a technical forum if I say so myself.

Yea,there is a sticky at the top " Petition to "ban" topics that are "non-technical" threads/posts to a technical forum "
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951

Yea,there is a sticky at the top " Petition to "ban" topics that are "non-technical" threads/posts to a technical forum "

We are so silly. So silly and OT.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:12 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

now that legoland is technically a basher and has mingled with us the low life non technical guys and engaged in insults with , I nominated him for a 944/951 moderator.

Quick Reply: 944 Twin Turbo - Toyota Supra Edition..