Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch heat(?) problem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch heat(?) problem.

2 years ago i had a clutch slave problem. when i kept making long trips from columbus to my home town, after being in 5th gear for a long time on a highway drive, i pushed the clutch in and had a ton of travel before it engaged(liek a bubble). i bought a rebuild kit for the slave(bought 2 years prior to this problem)

last friday i headed for the jersey/pennsylvania border to get some mustang parts in the 944 and again after about 2-3 hours (or more) in 5th gear on the highway i finally had to clutch coming into carlisle......pedal popped almost all of the way to the floor. when i was having the problem before, i had to pull the pedal back up with my foot. that was not the case this time around.
well only maybe 3 days passed and the clutch feels liek it previously did, everythign seems fine. fluid level is fine, i dont see any leaks, whatever.

could this be a line problem between the slave and master? how about just another air bubble that was expanded by long periods of highway driving heat? just regular fluid problem from heat?
i bought another rebuild kit in case(price went up about $10)
anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-16-2008, 02:42 AM
jstand22
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe this is usually caused by the slave cylinder....some of the fluid gets around the piston in the cylinder instead of pushing on it. Usually you need a new slave cylinder. I could be wrong, but you should start by treating it as a slave cylinder problem... also inspect the hose to the slave cylinder as well.

Quick Reply: clutch heat(?) problem.