Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ticky Tack Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm usually a little more entertained with girls and their lawns when I'm a tipsy

Doing that to a church though...man, you're going to hell.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Kburke
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alordofchaos
Eric,
If you go to court for the ticket, wait until a week or two before the court date and try to reschedule.

Lots of times, cops on traffic duty will get a block of time to show up for court. The courts try to accomodate the police by scheduling a block of that cop's cases one right after the other. Rescheduling increases the odds that the cop won't show.

If you feel really brassy... you can call the local cop shop and find out what hours the cop is scheduled for work, then try and reschedule your court date for a day/time you know that he's off.

+1 on the honesty angle, judges have heard it all. The judge will already have a copy of your driving record (at least that's SOP in MI). I wouldn't mention your record, just say that you know you were wrong, but you came very nearly to a stop and the way was clear.

Also admit you hated to fight the ticket since you know you were in the wrong, but that you are really trying to avoid the points because of the insurance.

Tifo, we call that "turfing" a lawn... I'll pray for your soul for turfing a church
this sounds like a great plan! traffic prosecutors at least around here are not willing to give you a break as much for other charges. as long as you were nice a polite to the cop the judge will take that into consideration. For it being your first offense you will probably get traffic school instead of a fine.and that is loads of fun. but if the court finds you not guilty it doesnt matter to your insurance company they will still find you guilty at least thats how it works here in VA.

Quick Reply: Ticky Tack Ticket