Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much should I pay for this 951?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have full leather sport seats in the same color. My "turbo" badge is in the proper location however.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Kool
Part of the IN Crowd
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Josh B
Nice looking car but I think I created a little confusion with the stuff on full leather. While you have a very nice looking interior it is not a full leather interior. Let me see if with some pictures I can set the record straight. Apparently this option is so rare that no one knows about it

Please correct me if I am off on any of these statements but I would prefer if you can show a picture to prove what you are saying.

Lets see - First off all 944s with the late interior(1985.5 and newer) came with the following items in real leather - steering wheel, shifter and parking brake. Everything else - dash/center console/headliner/front and rear door panels/a-arm covers is fake leather. Now the seats are a different case - most of the 944s from these years came with seats with full leather in the front and fake leather in the back. Of course some seats were script seats in cloth and I have seen some seats that were better optioned - 8 way power/heated/sport seats that were full leather. Also - some of the rarer colored seats like can can red - the entire front and back seats are full leather.

Keep in mind that a previous owner of your car may have changed some things around.

Now - the full leather option. If a 944 came with full leather then the center console is real leather and has stiching along the edge and the cassette storage lid is also real leather. The lower portion of the dash is full leather and has stiching on each corner and the glovebox will have a stiching line up each edge. The lower section of both door panels is full leather and the armrests are full leather - there is a line of stiching along the edge. The upper and lower section of the rear seats are full leather and the front seats have leather on the rear side. Everything else on the full leather cars will be fake leather - headliner, a-arm covers, top of dash, top of door panels and rear area side trim.

The only cars in existance that I know of with full leather is the 944S that Ian had here in Atlanta and sold, the car in this ad, a guards red late turbo that I looked at for sale here in Atlanta a long time ago and a NA that a fellow converted to a race car over on Pelican. I have never seen a 10 speaker interior in real factory leather and have never see any other color than tan or black.

Here are some pics illustrating up close these panels.

Under this definition i do not have the "full Leather" but my seats are all leather including bolsters. The are full hides as well. Same thickness that we use for the seats we build now for BMW. Most modern cars have half hides.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:03 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do the stock door windows have that label on it? (see top left corner of pic 8)
Old 01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
cie_lab
Billowing in the Wind
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interesting. guess I never looked th at close. Those sure look like my door panels though.

anyone know what the option code was? Would that be "M981 - LEATHER EQUIPMENT"?

Is that car still for sale? The O.P. may want to reconsider...
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Drewsifer
Racer

Originally Posted by yieldsign2
Do the stock door windows have that label on it? (see top left corner of pic 8)
The windows look like they've got an aftermarket tint on them. Maybe it's a company logo or something?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cie_lab
interesting. guess I never looked th at close. Those sure look like my door panels though.

anyone know what the option code was? Would that be "M981 - LEATHER EQUIPMENT"?

Is that car still for sale? The O.P. may want to reconsider...
Do you have any pictures of your door panels that you can post?
Old 01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
cie_lab
Billowing in the Wind
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Josh B
Do you have any pictures of your door panels that you can post?
I'll check it this evening. My guess is I don't have full leather. Would be cool if I did.

Edit: just checked a pic of my speaker installation where I could see the piping. Definitely not full leather.

Thanks for the enlightenment Josh

Quick Reply: How much should I pay for this 951?