Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help out a fellow porsche enthusiast!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help out a fellow porsche enthusiast!

John D. gave me permission to post this link...http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?t=384258 please read it and help out! There is an address and an email address listed in the thread. Please read it and help out however you can! I've made my donation to this effort, and i expect the same out of you! Help out here! Please, save a man's life!!!!

I've copied the original post here...

"All,
I spoke with Warren today and got his reluntant permission to post this. My previous post on his condition didn’t tell the complete story.

Warren has Cystic Fibrosis (follow this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cystic_fibrosis). He's been in the hospital many times over the past years fighting off pneumonia and has beaten the odds by reaching the age of 57 years. This stay at St Paul hospital in Dallas has convinced him to finally become a candidate for a lung transplant which can ultimately lead Warren back to full health. Dr Rosenblatt (I believe the lead transplant doc) tells him that his other systems, heart, digestive, etc are in good order and he should be a good candidate.

There are two problems, time and money. The procedure will cost $400,000 to $500,000 and Warren is without insurance. The hospital will not consider him for a transplant or even the screening process to get on the list without the ability to finance it. He has some assets that can be sold to offset 30 – 35% of the cost, but that is not enough to get St Paul’s attention. The next problem, and this is much more critical is time. Warren’s Dr tells them that he expects time will run out for our friend in 3 to 4 months.

His sister Pat recently retired from her civil service job to care for Warren and act as his full time caretaker/advocate. Over the past few weeks, she has been weaving her way through the medical/health care system to find a way to get the transplant surgery paid for. She is currently checking into the Medicare/Medicaid system, bet we fear that the enrollment and qualification process may take too long.

Warren needs your help. Doctors, attorneys, medical case workers or others that know the system or have resources, please speak up and help our friend get through this.

If you have ideas, I can be reached by PM on the board, email (I only have email access in the evening) mark@markwilson.net, or by cell at 214 - four seven eight - 7272 or at work 214 - eight five nine - 6696.

OK, we are in full fundraising mode for Warren. The official paypal fundraising account for Warren is kvalent118@gmail.com. Paypal website is https://www.paypal.com/.

For those of you that want to send a check you can make it out to Kurt Valentine (KurtV) and he will deposit it into the Warren account. Here's the info you need:

Kurt Valentine
1100 Swifts Hwy
Jefferson City, MO 65109"

Posted by Mark Wilson

Last edited by lovemyp-car; 12-28-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

i'm disappointed here, i was hoping for you guys to pull for Warren here, i guess i came to the wrong forum...
Old 12-28-2007, 02:56 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Ouch, I hope he raises enough money. I get paid on the 1st so I don't see why I can't give some. I hope others decide to help out a little.

-Darwin
Old 12-29-2007, 10:50 PM
lovemyp-car
Three Wheelin'

to the top!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 11:01 PM
Mark Wilson
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Warren Hall has left us. I expect he is building rockets and fixing Porsches on the next level. Wherever that might be, he can finally breathe.

The void left in the Porsche community and indeed the world cannot be described in words. A kinder, more generous, more knowledgeable and understanding teacher there never was. I was fortunate to know him on line for several years, but only face to face for the last few weeks. He was exactly what I expected - humble and brilliant.

The last time I saw him, I told him that he needed to be strong and give us enough time to make this happen. He smiled and said he was going to do his part, then said in his Texas twang "I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you all have done.

George Warren Hall left us knowing that we cared. I shall miss him.

His family expressed to me their undying gratitude to the on line Porsche community for giving Warren hope in his last days. Funeral arrangements will be posted soon.

Unless anyone objects, all monies collected will be used to offset funeral expenses.

Quick Reply: Help out a fellow porsche enthusiast!