Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 Turbo Cabrio gets out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007 | 09:21 PM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Smile 944 Turbo Cabrio gets out!

Had a fun run in the sun today with some friends. Here we are meeting up near the mountain of Montserrat, outside Barcelona:

This is the view facing Montserrat:

My 951:

Crawling through the little town of Rocafort after hurtling down the twisted backroads in the catalan countryside:

I went through a lot of issues with this car last summer that turned out to be a bad DME. Replaced it with a used unit, and I can now enjoy running with other Porsches like when I bought the car 7 years ago. It was about time!
Old 12-08-2007 | 10:11 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Beautiful scenery!

NOW I understand why you were so hurried to fix the electrical crap!!!

Wonderful!

I wish I had that sort of scenery near me!

Keith
Old 12-08-2007 | 11:05 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Outstanding Luis, tell me you have more pics! The car looks good too!
Old 12-08-2007 | 11:25 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Very nice...
Old 12-09-2007 | 12:42 AM
El Commandante
Pro

Damn, I wish i could have made it to northern spain when i went last summer, I only visited Madrid and Granada. I have to make it up there next time!!
Old 12-09-2007 | 01:29 AM
aribop
Race Car

Luis, Montserrat is only about 20 minutes from Navas, where I was born. Planning on being there in August, we'll have to meet.
Old 12-09-2007 | 02:50 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

ah, blue skies and sun in wintertime.

welcome to spain/san diego.

Old 12-09-2007 | 05:49 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I really need to get out in the car more often and take more photos. Too much time spent cleaning and repairing and not enough driving!

Originally Posted by aribop
Luis, Montserrat is only about 20 minutes from Navas, where I was born. Planning on being there in August, we'll have to meet.
Hey Adalbert, I thought about you when we were looking at the map to plan the route and I saw Navas on there!

You were born in a beautiful area with some amazing backroads to boot.
Old 12-09-2007 | 06:54 AM
robmeister951
Advanced

Luis,
It looks to me that the rear of your car is quite a lot higher that what it should be.
Might be an idea for you to take a look at the height adjustment.
I adjusted mine (down) a while back and it made a huge difference in weight transfer and therefore braking and handling.

Regards,

Rob
Sydney Australia
Old 12-09-2007 | 07:01 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Rob,

Not sure if it's just the photo, as I crouched down to take it. Keep in mind it's a cab, and they have a much lower roofline. My S2 cab is about the same height. Are you referring to the torsion bars indexing? Thanks!

I think it changes depending on where the car is parked. Here are a few more photos:
Attached Images     
Old 12-09-2007 | 04:55 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Luis- That is seriously one of the best looking 944s I have ever seen. I LOVE black cabs. I would love to own one, especially a turbo!
Old 12-09-2007 | 08:22 PM
robmeister951
Advanced

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat
Rob,

Not sure if it's just the photo, as I crouched down to take it. Keep in mind it's a cab, and they have a much lower roofline. My S2 cab is about the same height. Are you referring to the torsion bars indexing?
I see what you mean about different angles. I was talking about the height adjustment, 2 huge nuts either side need to be loosened and then there is an eccentric bolt that allows you to change the ride height, NOT re-indexing the torsion bars, never done that one.
Beautiful car Luis, reminds me of my White S2 Cab a few years back. (RIP - Totalled by my ex-GF )
Old 12-10-2007 | 11:16 AM
PennyWise
Racer

Luis.. b4 my Porsche days.... I drove up and down Montserrat with my wife in a rental Renault Megane. what a blast.. I can only imagine it in a 944. We also made our way through some really narrow roads in Rocafort. We had to fold in the side mirrors... luckily we made it out the other side unscathed, except for a few choice words from the local Spanish old-age mafia.
We did about 8000kms in 4 weeks driving around Spain... you guys have some fantastic roads and mountain gouges. I still have vivid memories of some the drives being hounded by a delivery van to go faster on extremely narrow and very bent mountain passes. I obliged him of course...
Old 12-11-2007 | 02:54 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VWaddict
Beautiful scenery!
NOW I understand why you were so hurried to fix the electrical crap!!!
Wonderful!
I wish I had that sort of scenery near me!
Keith
Thanks Keith. You're not too far from the Carolinas, that have some pretty scenic drives as well.

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Outstanding Luis, tell me you have more pics! The car looks good too!
I'll be sure to take more photos the next time we're out. Some of the scenery is so dramatic it almost looks fake!

Originally Posted by El Commandante
Damn, I wish i could have made it to northern spain when i went last summer, I only visited Madrid and Granada. I have to make it up there next time!!
Well, you did pretty good. Granada is incredible!

Originally Posted by V2Rocket_aka944
ah, blue skies and sun in wintertime.
welcome to spain/san diego.
Never been to CA, but I hear there are many similarities.

Originally Posted by CarbonRevo
Luis- That is seriously one of the best looking 944s I have ever seen. I LOVE black cabs. I would love to own one, especially a turbo!
Thanks. Black is really a great looking color, despite the chore of keeping it looking half decent. I'm looking into using Zaino on the black finish, are you familiar with it?

Originally Posted by robmeister951
Beautiful car Luis, reminds me of my White S2 Cab a few years back. (RIP - Totalled by my ex-GF )
Women. You've gotta love 'em!

Originally Posted by PennyWise
Luis.. b4 my Porsche days.... I drove up and down Montserrat with my wife in a rental Renault Megane. what a blast.. I can only imagine it in a 944. We also made our way through some really narrow roads in Rocafort. We had to fold in the side mirrors... luckily we made it out the other side unscathed, except for a few choice words from the local Spanish old-age mafia.
We did about 8000kms in 4 weeks driving around Spain... you guys have some fantastic roads and mountain gouges. I still have vivid memories of some the drives being hounded by a delivery van to go faster on extremely narrow and very bent mountain passes. I obliged him of course...
Sounds like you got the most out of your visit. After spending 12 years abroad myself, it's been a real treat to be able to enjoy these roads on weekends. The roads around Rocafort were very narrow indeed! I had a few scares myself with oncoming cars but we made it through OK. Can't wait to get back out there in the car again. Come visit again sometime!

Quick Reply: 944 Turbo Cabrio gets out!