Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sparco Evo seat mounting

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Sparco Evo seat mounting

Have searched a ton of threads but cant find a definitive answer. To those who have the Sparco Evo (not the wider Evo2), what have you done to mount the seat in the car? I want to avoid drilling holes and dont mind using an adapter bracket if necessary. I also want to retain sliders. What have you guys done to get them in?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not sure if any info on the Pro2000's helps, that and I got mine 'all set' from Mike, but...

Mine are just mounted with two aluminum L-shaped brackets. One side to the sides of the seat, the other to the stock seat rails (which are then mounted to the floor). The two L brackets face the same way, i.e.:
"L seat L", causing the seat to be slightly offset (you can't tell sitting in it), but allowing the sliders to match the stock mounting holes. Fine adjustment for width is made via a stack of washers between the sides of the seat & the bracket. The worst one has about 1/2" of washers. The mounting points to the slider are just drilled to fit the bracket, and then use the stock holes in the floor.

I'm using both the stock belts and a 5 point harness. The 5 point goes to: floor (w/ reinforcement), stock outboard lower mount, roll bar (x2), & inboard lower is on the tunnel. The stock belts use the stock locations, with the inboard point being bolted to one of the seat side bolts.

Let me know if you need pictures...
Old 10-01-2007, 06:47 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have sparco sprints and you need the sliders and adapter brackets to install them correctly. And you can use the stock belts with the proper sparco seat brackets.
you will also want some washers to raise the seat a bit. Im 6'1 and without them i can barely see over the dash.
here are some pics

Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Seb, is that the Sparco specific bracket or the Wedge Engineering bracket? Any problems with helmet clearance and the roof liner?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Ahh, just found the answer to my question. Brey-Krause side mount R-9060 and either the stock sliders or the Sparco sliders with the Brey Krause R-9045 actuating tube.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sparco makes FIA sliders and brackets that are a direct bolt in fit on the 944. Have mounted evo 2's, XLs, and others in my 944. Only thing needed is the Brey Krause "handle" for the sliders as the 944 mounting for the sliders is wider than than the Sparco stock width. OG racing has the sliders for about $60, the mounts are about the same, and the handle is $10 or so. May be able to find them cheaper on the internet if you shop around.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

yeah, you dont need any BK stuff to use factory belts and harnesses. You can order the sliders and brackets right off sparcos site.
btw: helmet clearance is more than enough.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

jon,
the momo seats in the 951 have the same mounting holes on the bottom as sparco. the tracks in the car are sparco tracks, and the mounting plate comes from paragon/speedware.

if the seats are side mount, you may be able to get recaro sliders - which i happen to have a set of for sale and mount them directly to the floor, and mount the side mount to the recaro slider/tracks.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
RedlineMan
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jon;

Don't like those flat adapters thingies that Seb posted. Not strong enough for me. The Sparco sliders do reach at least 4 of the seat holes if I remember right. I mod them to reach the other two rears. If you are sneaky, you can just tweak the adjuster bar wider.

I have not done one in a while, but I like the Sparco sliders best. They are the lowest slider solution, and are longer than most and will bolt up by drilling a couple extra holes, if I remember right.

Let me know if you get hung up. I've done this a few times!
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the info everyone. Based on what im reading from the Brey Krause site, i can buy there side mounts, part # R-9060. These mounts match the bolt pattern of the Evo seat and line up to the existing holes on the floor. The site says if i want to use the Sparco sliders, i need to buy a wider actuating tube (Basically the handle you pull up on to unlock the sliders) as the Sparco sliders are narrower, the BK actuating tube allows them to be placed 16'' apart for the Porsche fitment. The part # on that is BK-9045. I believe the Recaro sliders do not require this bar as they match the 16'' width.

Not sure what i am going to do about the sliders yet. I want to get the seat as low as possible in the car as i can. Im 5'11'' and want as much headroom as possible with a helmet. I know i can just take the cushion probably, but want to insure its not a problem. Id rather not use the adapter plates as i figure with that, the side mounts and sliders, the seat will be sitting fairly high off the floor.

Tom, i looked at the adapters that Dan's car uses and saw what you mean about it having the extra tabs to angle the seat a little. I stacked three washers in the front and used a slightly longer bolt to account for that under the sliders. The seat is now angled a little more and much more comfortable to sit in.

The seat is a Sparco Evo. Going to test fit my butt into it in a day or two. If i fit well (which im sure i will) ill be buying the seat, seller just needs to find a replacement (Which he basically just has to buy). It will be nice to drop roughly 30lbs off the car as its replacing a 4-way power leather sport seat. Im going to go with a different recliner on the passenger side eventually, just need to find a good deal on a used one or something in black. Another 60lbs total knocked off the curb weight! Hoping to get this car in the sub 2700lb range.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

even with the bracket and sliders you will not see over the dashboard if you dont raise your seat.
Im coming to the thing at Cubbys on the 13th if you want to see what I mean.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ubercooper
even with the bracket and sliders you will not see over the dashboard if you dont raise your seat.
Im coming to the thing at Cubbys on the 13th if you want to see what I mean.
that is basically what is in the turbo he sometimes uses. cant see over the seat.

i bought the recaro sliders that are height adjustable and the adapter plate from stable energies for the recaro srd's in my s2. if anyone wants the stock recaro sliders that have five track days on them tell me. i may do the swap this weekend. i also have the stock black seats if anyone wants em. sorry for the hijack jon. jon if you want the recaro sliders which already are 16" apart and bolt right to the floor tell me. i think the side mount seats will bolt right to the sliders, or maybe ou will have to drill one hole in each slider to make the slider fit the side mount. the sliders i am selling are about the same thickness as the sparco sliders in the turbo.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Tom, PM me price for the sliders. I wasnt planning on buying sliders just yet.. but if i can swing it, minus well!
Old 10-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

jon,
they are 100 each. since they are recaros the middle bar is 16" apart. so if new they are 200, you tell me what they should be. you know me well enough. say whats fair and they are yours. also, if i put the other tracks in this weekend i will send em to you and you pay me when you pay me. i cant break your kneecaps as easily now, but..... i do have to visit every so often.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:34 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Tom, give me a week or so to get back to you about the sliders. I am going to take a ride down to Stable Energies, i might buy everything in one shot if they have the sliders in stock. Do you have the tabbed ones or the flat ones? I need the flat ones, i dont think the tabbed sliders will work. If you find someone in the mean time that needs them, by all means sell them.

Quick Reply: Sparco Evo seat mounting