Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This looks to be an entertaining 944 evilbay experience...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:45 PM
jstand22
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks Josh, you should definatly report it to eBay, they are great about that kind of stuff.

By the way Josh, I've bought two things off you on eBay within the last year, seats and a sway bar and your service has been nothing but great, keep it up! and good luck with that guy.

-Jay
Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM
mbonner
Racer

I once sold a Nikon DIX professional digital camera on ebay. A guy from Toronto won the auction and paid the money into Paypal. Then he changed his mind and told me he was not accepting the camera, while it was on the way to him by Purolator, despite winning the auction, binding, right? So I told him to return my camera still in its shipping box. I got it back OK with a big sigh of relief. I contacted Paypal and told them to give the little **** his money back, as I had my camera back. Then Paypal contacted me and said the buyer had complained and never received the mechandise, even though I did get the valuable camera back. I gave the buyer negative feedback as a reneging buyer and asked him to be banned for illegal bid withdrawal, so this new Canadian promptly sent negative feedback on me, so that is why I will never deal with e-bay or paypal ever again. I tried to call them, Paypal to tell them I got my camera back and release the fund back to the buyer,
ever tried that?, I did get through eventually and the woman was sympathetic but no use.
**** on them both,
Mike
Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jstand22
That sucks Josh, you should definatly report it to eBay, they are great about that kind of stuff.

By the way Josh, I've bought two things off you on eBay within the last year, seats and a sway bar and your service has been nothing but great, keep it up! and good luck with that guy.

-Jay

Thanks Jay - good to hear that. I am taking a break from listing things right now to enjoy this thread. This particular situation really isn't a big deal - more entertainment than anything. I do have a lot of folks on the the other side of the pond that plead with me to let them bid on items. I've just made it a policy though only to ship in the States and to Canada unless I know the person from Rennlist or something like that. The shipping takes so long and there is so much more risk involved.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:24 PM
zehnd
Addict
Rennlist Member

To far south from me to go and rough him up for you.

Not all Canucks are like him.

I bought a five dollar item from a guy in TX only to find out it was the wrong part. It was 15.00 to ship. I just paid him the 5 bucks and told him not to ship.

Edit - Why does it have to be UPS. Why not USPS?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zehnd
To far south from me to go and rough him up for you.

Not all Canucks are like him.

I bought a five dollar item from a guy in TX only to find out it was the wrong part. It was 15.00 to ship. I just paid him the 5 bucks and told him not to ship.

Edit - Why does it have to be UPS. Why not USPS?
- Appreciate the offer. I don't have anything on Canadians - that is just who this transaction happened to be with.

On the UPS via USPS I guess I just prefer the better service and hours of operation and ease of use of UPS. I suppose on these smaller items that I should get some padded envelopes and go online to print out labels - probably need a more accurate scales than the one from the bathroom though
Old 09-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Latest message from the buyer is

9/24/07 - i failed to see that you wrote Burgundy. my car is brown not Burgundy. sorry. in
your pic they looked brown.

and I replied with

9/25/07 - Hi, Well I happen to have a set of door handles in brown that I can ship to you instead. I need payment right away though as it has already been 5 days since the end of the auction. -Josh
Old 09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's really lame; I'm sorry man.

However, I don't think it's ethical to have him "send you $5 to pay for relisting, etc" when it only costs a few cents...It's such a small item I wouldn't even worry about it. Yes, it irks me too.

I completely understand that it's unethical for him to have gone back on his bid, but honestly -- are you really hurting for that $5 you could've made off him?

Quick Reply: This looks to be an entertaining 944 evilbay experience...