Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few random questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 02:39 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few random questions

1.) I pulled the dash surround off, to clean it (caked with dust) and was wondering if there was a way to seperate the vents.

2.) There is a motor AKA "thingy" behind the hatch surround carpet on the drivers side, what is is for? I assume its for a rear wiper, since the hatch release motor is in the back of the car between the taillights.

3.) If my assumtion is correct about number 2, then would there then be actuators for the power lock option in my doors, just not hooked up? I just had the door panels off but didnt want to remove the plastic since its holding up ever so nicely.(unlike some of the car)

4.) Whats the easiest way to remove the section of carpet in the driver footwell area?

5.) Am I ever going to get laid?()
Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by SwiftyZenBadd
1.) I pulled the dash surround off, to clean it (caked with dust) and was wondering if there was a way to seperate the vents.

2.) There is a motor AKA "thingy" behind the hatch surround carpet on the drivers side, what is is for? I assume its for a rear wiper, since the hatch release motor is in the back of the car between the taillights.

3.) If my assumtion is correct about number 2, then would there then be actuators for the power lock option in my doors, just not hooked up? I just had the door panels off but didnt want to remove the plastic since its holding up ever so nicely.(unlike some of the car)

4.) Whats the easiest way to remove the section of carpet in the driver footwell area?

5.) Am I ever going to get laid?()
Answers:

1. Not that I am aware of...
2. Sunroof motor.
3. Not sure! Check an "add on" attached to the steering column... that's the central locking "brain".
4. Cut it out - well, you asked. If you want to keep it, different story and don't follow previous instruction.
5. hehe
Old 09-14-2007, 03:06 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

Originally Posted by 75ohm
Answers:

1. Not that I am aware of...
2. Sunroof motor.
3. Not sure! Check an "add on" attached to the steering column... that's the central locking "brain".
4. Cut it out - well, you asked. If you want to keep it, different story and don't follow previous instruction.
5. hehe

Hmmm then where's the motor be for the rear wiper, or is it on the wiper itself?

"Add on" not following you on this one?

I thought about cutting it, and probably will since it thrashed, but then comes putting the new stuff down...I guess i will hafta get my fat **** down in there and disconect the accelerator linkage either way huh?
Old 09-14-2007, 03:21 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by SwiftyZenBadd
Hmmm then where's the motor be for the rear wiper, or is it on the wiper itself?

"Add on" not following you on this one?

I thought about cutting it, and probably will since it thrashed, but then comes putting the new stuff down...I guess i will hafta get my fat **** down in there and disconect the accelerator linkage either way huh?
Look up under the dash on the steering column. You should see a clipped module on the column... that's for the power locks...
Old 09-14-2007, 03:24 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 75ohm
Look up under the dash on the steering column. You should see a clipped module on the column... that's for the power locks...
Ah, i get ya now, ill go check.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM
alex
Almost Addicted
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The wiper motor is under the wiper itself on the other side of the glass. I'd recommend getting a plug and pulling that wiper out anyway.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:32 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Well what started as a search for the "add-on" ended up with the dash coming out...how i got there is anyones guess. The good news is that from now on all i have to do is install sh*t, now i need to go to bed, there is a black C3 waiting for me in the morning.

Oh and I dont think i have that ***-on, there was one thing hangin down but am to tried to post up a pick ate the moment.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:28 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Is this the thing i need for the central locking deal? Its the only thing hanging down that doesnt have a purpose.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Not sure on that one but if anyone ever wanted to know where two of the grounds are... well folks, there you have it.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Where's that pic from? Under the dash, passenger side?
Old 09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Driver's side man...
Old 09-18-2007, 04:01 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Driver's side, along the outer edge of the footwell. Above the switch for the rear hatch.

Which vents do you want to remove from the dash cover? I think the only ones that are actually built in are the defrost vents, all of the other ones can be removed and washed (and they look a hell of a lot better once they are washed too. BTDT).
Old 09-18-2007, 05:11 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

btdt? I want to wash the vents in the gauge surround, the other ones will be easier since they are now out, and while im at it, im gonna wash the black tubes as well. The pic of that plug is upside down(sorry) its to left of the steering column next to the dme, like bill said.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:48 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been there, done that.

The gauge surround vents are built into the gauge surround, but that whole piece comes off rather easily. Two screws from the bottom behind the turn indicator/wiper levers in the vinyl, three in the top above the gauges, and then three behind the slats in the vent grille. After that it just pulls out and can be washed.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:57 PM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Thanks, guys!

I get lost in the car

I love pics, worth a 1,000 words... but usually it's either a pic where the car is two inches long, or close enough I can't orient myself to what I'm looking at.

Quick Reply: Few random questions