Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought a 968 Porster from this guy ripped me off

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 02:04 AM
philcav7
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please don't let the Paypal gaurantee give you a false sense of security, it is nearly worthless. Myself and 4 other Opel forum member were ripped off last year from a guy (Dave Grant from Colorado) for a total of $15 for engine work.

Paypal did nothing for any of us....NOTHING. I had to dispute the charges with AMEX, which was my credit card linked to the paypal account.
Now Paypal wants me to send the $1700 from the ordeal, I get letters from a collection agency from time to time...Yeah right

I would be happy to explain their policy, In detail if anyone in curious.

Sorry it's a sore subject with me.
(steps off soap box)

Originally Posted by frexe
did u do the transaction through ebay or paypal? If so paypal has a money back gaurantee. And you can report to ebay.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:05 AM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by philcav7
Please don't let the Paypal gaurantee give you a false sense of security, it is nearly worthless. Myself and 4 other Opel forum member were ripped off last year from a guy (Dave Grant from Colorado) for a total of $15 for engine work.

Paypal did nothing for any of us....NOTHING. I had to dispute the charges with AMEX, which was my credit card linked to the paypal account.
Now Paypal wants me to send the $1700 from the ordeal, I get letters from a collection agency from time to time...Yeah right

I would be happy to explain their policy, In detail if anyone in curious.

Sorry it's a sore subject with me.
(steps off soap box)
Sorry to hear this. I'm not sure why Paypal helped me but I bought something using Paypal Credit and after filing a complaint about never receiving an item they refunded my money. It took awhile for them to go through their process (about 45 days) but I never had to pay when the bill came at the end of the month while the bill was being disputed. I got an e-mail and letter in the mail stating that my claim was process and my account was credited.

I've been told that it was because I used "Paypal Credit" - not really sure but it worked for me!
Old 06-10-2007, 05:26 PM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by philcav7
How much engine work does $15 get you?
Old 06-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Gunn E. Slinger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I gave it a shot, Rang him Up about 20 minutes before I was leaving a job in the area,Left a message on the answering machine, No call Back, Just said I was in the area for about a half hour and would like to pick up a poster for Dan,

He may have been in surgery however, Removing his head from his ****!!!

I get down in that area once or twice a week, so, I'll keep trying if no one else beats me to it.
Old 06-10-2007, 11:47 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan87951
Just a word of caution this guy ripped me off on a 968 Poster. He said if anyone is in the area they are more than welcome to pick it up. Have at it to any member, its already paid for by yours truely. He refuses to send it out. He claims he shipped it and was mailed back but I wasn't there when they tried to deliver it. Funny I never got a notice for delivery but whatever...

Dr. JOHN N BELL
3543 Princeton Ave
San Diego
CA 92117
858-490-6219

Send him a link of this thread, so he can see his ebay ID put down.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Gunn E. Slinger
Intermediate

Good News Dan, as I was Leaving the Body shop after Work Today, (My 944 got hit in the rear....and Bent, Gotta love ins co wars.) The guy called and saidI could pick up the poster today, So after a early rush hour Jam down the 5, I pulled up to his place,(Boxster with a smashed left front end outside). Roll up the steps, ring the doorbell,
This guy is looking at me like he could Kill me!!!!, What the heck did you say to this guy??? Never said a word, reached over held out the poster, I took it asked if it was a 968 poster, Looked at it to verify, and said, "Great!! thank you very Much", Dude then slams the door in my face without a word, as I was turning away from the door I couldn't help but start laughing, I gave him a parting ..."Sheesh, What a jackass!!",Loud enough for him to hear if his was still at the door,

Not sure what you did, but someone sure pissed on his wheaties!!!

PM me with your addy, I'll get some cardboard and get this out to you sometime this week, always a adventure in p-car land!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunn E. Slinger
Good News Dan, as I was Leaving the Body shop after Work Today, (My 944 got hit in the rear....and Bent, Gotta love ins co wars.) The guy called and saidI could pick up the poster today, So after a early rush hour Jam down the 5, I pulled up to his place,(Boxster with a smashed left front end outside). Roll up the steps, ring the doorbell,
This guy is looking at me like he could Kill me!!!!, What the heck did you say to this guy??? Never said a word, reached over held out the poster, I took it asked if it was a 968 poster, Looked at it to verify, and said, "Great!! thank you very Much", Dude then slams the door in my face without a word, as I was turning away from the door I couldn't help but start laughing, I gave him a parting ..."Sheesh, What a jackass!!",Loud enough for him to hear if his was still at the door,

Not sure what you did, but someone sure pissed on his wheaties!!!

PM me with your addy, I'll get some cardboard and get this out to you sometime this week, always a adventure in p-car land!!!
You confirmed it, definitely a proctologist. That was damn nice of you though. You deserve a group rennlist hug

Sorry about your car...that truly sucks. I hope the insurance companies involved don't put you through the wringer.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:02 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
You confirmed it, definitely a proctologist. That was damn nice of you though. You deserve a group rennlist hug

Sorry about your car...that truly sucks. I hope the insurance companies involved don't put you through the wringer.

I think he deserves a rennlist membership even if you have a 986.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:09 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
I think he deserves a rennlist membership even if you have a 986.
That's a big hug but I'll do 1/3 by PP if two others are willing to kick in. Come on folks, he actually visited a proctologist without coercion from his wife...that has to be worth something right?
Old 06-12-2007, 01:52 AM
Gunn E. Slinger
Intermediate

Well, I was going to signup for a membership after i get some bills payed,(Self-employed, been slow for about 2 months due to tax time, now working like a rabid dog.) 45, single, Drive a Porsche when not in work truck, I'll pay for the membership, just send available single, good looking wimin's my way!!!LOL!!!!!!

Actually, I was working sunday right around the corner from said jackass, No Biggie for me to run 3 blocks off a exit and pick it up, I hate to see people get the shaft over something stupid, so, a nice run down the freeway today picking off slowpokes was good for me today. If anyone really wants to return a favor, Here's how, I need good advice:

944 was hit in rear at a light, I scootched up a foot to see around a truck, Lady behind me, (In a Prius, arghhh!), thought i was going to continue, looked to left and drove into me, admitted fault, initially wanted to pay cash, after I got to work, came out in the sunlight later that day and saw the buckle in quarter, called her and told her I was turning it it,Got a quote that day, $3600.00, got a quote from my shop of choice $3800.00, Today, her company, AAA, had a adjuster look at it at my shop, said that the quarter damage and buckle in wheelhouse did not come from this accident....WTF???, you can clearly see by looking at the impact how the bumper is pushed slightly to the drivers side, and see where a caulk seam split under the bumper. they gave me a quote of $1500.00, used parts, 2.0 hrs of sheetmetel pull, I don't think this is frame, Im getting screwed, the shop 3 doors up put a tranny in the car 5 months ago and knows the car was straight then.

Any advice from anyone in the business??
Old 06-12-2007, 02:09 AM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep in touch with everything and everyone. stick it to em as best you can. always stay involved. insurance adjusters can be NASTY sometimes...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:20 AM
Gunn E. Slinger
Intermediate

Trust me, they will hear from me and my insurance company, 2 shops give me a quote $120.00 apart from each other kinda tells me something, At the shop I want to use, There frame guy spent a half hour under the car, in the cubbys, and everywhere.

P.S, I want your turbo, Now!!
Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 AM
first500
Intermediate

a lady hit my car while it was parked last year, 84 lincoln mark VII with only 48K and everything in perfect shape. It only smashed the fender in, no other damage but they totalled it at only $500!!
after that I stop talking to them and let my insurance handle. I refused 9 of their offers untill they got $3600 for repairs.
Keep at it and dont let them bully you around.
good luck, Jeremy
Old 06-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Gunn E. Slinger
Intermediate

Thanks Jeremy,
That's kinda going to be my approach I guess, My agent has always been very good to me, even gone out of his way to make sure I am taken care of, going to give him a ring in the A.M.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
That's a big hug but I'll do 1/3 by PP if two others are willing to kick in.
I'm in. Even though there's a 986 involved

One more person sign up, and I'll PayPal Kuhl 1/3 membership. How much is it again? Never mind, I know... search!

Originally Posted by Gunn E. Slinger
I'll pay for the membership
Eh... it's not about the money. Think of it as us buying you a few beers

You went above and beyond to help a Rennlister (and one of the few people left in Michigan)

Quick Reply: Bought a 968 Porster from this guy ripped me off