Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to stop the PO from using "my" car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:42 PM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How to stop the PO from using "my" car?

I still don`t have my long awaited guards red 951 because the actual owner due to health problems didn`t have the time to take the car to a PPI with me.
I`m worried because this guy bought the car 3 months ago and the only maintenance he did was an oil and filter change. This car had very little use in the last 3 years (around 700 miles) and no one knows the shape the belts are.
Please don`t tell me to forget it and look for another car because there are very few 951s here and only one for sale in the last years.
Apart from the fact that it has been neglected reciently the car is in very good shape
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 PM
CarbonRevo
Drifting

Can't help being sicken in health. Just wait it out, and let him know your serious about the car. He won't let someone thats ready to buy the car, just dissappear off his radar. I was looking at a black 951 for a while, then he wouldn't budge from his price. I offered him a price, he said no. He called back a week later to see if I wanted the car, to which I said I had found another.

It takes time, but you'll get there. Don't worry!
Old 06-08-2007, 08:53 PM
simmomi
Pro

Please don't take this the wrong way because if this is "THE" car, then I hope you get it. However, this might be a sign that it isn't the right car for you.

I'm a believer in the old addage that things happen for a reason. If it's meant for you to get that car, you will. Don't try to force it to happen, as you may end up being sorry later.

Just curious, how far away from your home have you looked for a car like this? Didn't know if you already had to go a long way from home for this particular car, or if it happened to be close by.

Best of luck in your search...keep us updated on what happens.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your advice, in my country there are very few sports cars and Porsches and especially 951s are very rare (mostly 911), as I live in Buenos Aires I searched here but I doubt there are 951s in other smaller cities in the provinces.
As I am an active member of the local Porsche Club if there were other 951 for sale I probably would know them
Old 06-08-2007, 09:07 PM
simmomi
Pro

Originally Posted by kike924
Thanks for your advice, in my country there are very few sports cars and Porsches and especially 951s are very rare (mostly 911), as I live in Buenos Aires I searched here but I doubt there are 951s in other smaller cities in the provinces.
As I am an active member of the local Porsche Club if there were other 951 for sale I probably would know them
Gotcha...Well, like CarbonRevo said, be patient and see what happens. If the car is close by, at least you have the advantage of being able to keep an eye on it (assuming it's parked outdoors). Otherwise, just keep checking in with the seller every few weeks and see how things are going. Does he have your contact information so he can reach you when he's ready?

Best of luck...
Old 06-09-2007, 02:07 AM
pjburges
Burning Brakes

Id say do something nice for the guy since he is sick. Send him a card or something. Have a conversation with him every week and ask him about his health, but also show your interest in buying the car, be suave, and keep in touch frequently. I can't imagine a seller who wouldn't take you very seriously if you did this.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:42 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 504 Posts

Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks

Both methods are useful, the Glock being a little extreme, I really think that he`s not ready to sell yet so he makes excuses

Quick Reply: How to stop the PO from using "my" car?