Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel and temp gauges!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007 | 09:26 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

Default Fuel and temp gauges!

Frickin' things just refuse to work. The PO said the fuel level sending unit works, and today I took out the cluster to see what's what (I don't find that fun, it's easy as hell to break stuff), and didn't see anything amiss. I cleaned the contacts, but no dice. I turned on the ignition with the leads disconnected and noticed the fuel gauge shot up to the top, which suggests to me it's getting enough of a signal (or something) to stay down (or something). Lost, I put the cluster back together.

And now the hi-beam indicator light doesn't work! I guess I busted it somehow.

Any ideas on what the deal could be with the busted gauges? The red light on the temp gauge is on and the needle is dead as if it's a frozen block of ice (and by the way the coolant levels are fine, I checked).

Someone mentioned a possible loose ground. But where would the ground be? I noticed the leads just joined the wiring harness and disappeared behind the firewall.

To sum up: help me!

Quick Reply: Fuel and temp gauges!