Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REMINDER: Sunday, May 6th Annual Spring Meet, Drive & Dine - Rockville

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:14 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REMINDER: Sunday, May 6th Annual Spring Meet, Drive & Dine - Rockville

This Sunday, May 6 the Annual Spring Meet, Drive & Dine will be held in Rockville... I've mapped out a route hopefully as challenging as the December tour route... This tour will end at the famous Roy's Place in Gaithersburg... http://www.roysplacerestaurant.com/

Here are the details:

Meeting Place:
STARBUCKS
Mid-Pike Plaza
11802 Rockville Pike
Rockville MD, 20852
Between Montrose Road and Old Georgetown Road
Gathering Time: 9:30-11:00am
Departing Time: 11:00am
Approximate Tour Time: 90 minutes

"We're all aware of the incident at Virginia Tech. It has affected everyone including people within our own Porsche community. Our hearts go out to those affected.

To honor Virginia Tech and its continued school pride, we are dedicating the May 6th, 2007 Porsche Drive to the "Hokies" as a sign of solidarity and remembrance.

Our goal is to demonstrate that a single act of malice can not break our spirit but rather bond us as one.

We ask event participants to wear Virginia Tech colors (Maroon & Orange) or to show any creative display of VA Tech support.

In Virginia Tech’s name we ride."

"For those wanting to contribute more than their heart, money can be donated to the "Hokie Spirit Memorial Fund" sponsored by VA Tech at the URL below."

http://www.vt.edu/tragedy/memorial_fund.php

I'd like to thank Kevin "PORSCHE_DRIVING_CLUB" for the "Hokie" Inspriration... His thoughtfulness and contributions are greatly appreciated... Let's show our support and make "The Hokie Inspiration Drive" an event to remember...
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

The weather is supposed to be beautiful - Sunny & 72... It looks as if we will have a large turnout... So far it looks as if we may approach 100 cars...

If you have a FRS or GMRS handheld radio please bring it with you... During the tour we will tune to channel 7, subchannel 21... The radios have about an 18 mile range... I will have a radio at the head of the column and the caboose will have a radio...

REMEMBER: Maroon & Orange are the colors of the day! Let's show our support for VT...
Old 05-06-2007, 07:17 AM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Beautiful Day as promised...

Remember that maroon and orange are the colors of the day in honor of Virginia Tech...

Looking forward to seeing everyone this morning... We should have an outstanding turnout...
Old 05-06-2007, 07:23 PM
bull30
Burning Brakes

Thanks to everyone for making this such a successful event... Just shy of 100 cars showed and 45 cars went on the drive to Roy's Place... After lunch I took a spirited group that hadn't had enough on 1/2 the "Scenic Maryland Civil War Trail/Covered Bridge Tour".... We put a total of 138 miles on for the day... You could not have asked for better weather... Pictures are posted on the 993 Forum at this link: https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/349947-fantastic-spring-meet-drive-dine.html

Again, I'd like to thank all that brought their cars to this event... It was great to see old friends and meet new ones... There were some beautiful cars...

See you at the next event... I've been asked to put one on in May... I'll keep everyone posted...

Quick Reply: REMINDER: Sunday, May 6th Annual Spring Meet, Drive & Dine - Rockville