Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost lost my S***!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM
rickb20
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default a sign?

Come to think of it, every accident I've ever been involved with has taken place in a parking lot -- AND EVERY TIME MY CAR HAS BEEN HIT WHILE PARKED! That's four times!
That should be a sign to you. Your car is sitting parked way too long. These cars are meant to be driven!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You guys have got to be kidding. No one has every gotten into any accidents or broken someone else's property ever in your life? I guess those who are guilty should all be shot that way only people who are perfect and never get into accidents will be allow to live while the rest of the stupid people are all dead.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car has been keyed, egged, paintballed, side moulding torn off with what looked like a flat-head screwdriver, hit driver fender, old lady parked to close to my car and I watched her open her door into my car. I think thats about it. I still can't top being shot with an arrow.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rickb20
That should be a sign to you. Your car is sitting parked way too long. These cars are meant to be driven!
Haha fortunately it was my former car, an '05 cavalier.

Trust me, I've been waaaay too ****-retentive w/ my baby.

I love driving this car so much, I find excuses to drive my girlfriend to class when I live a block north of campus...and it's ALWAYS quicker to simply walk...yeah I'm addicted.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
75ohm
Resistance is Futile
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 131 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by sethclayton
Anyone else with a similar story?
Yeah, but you can only yell for so long then your wife throws something at you. I have a few chips where her car door "reaches" over there on accident when the kids are getting loaded up... oh well... I smell new paint coming AND a barrier between the cars.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:09 PM
sethclayton
Instructor

Originally Posted by Legoland951
You guys have got to be kidding. No one has every gotten into any accidents or broken someone else's property ever in your life? I guess those who are guilty should all be shot that way only people who are perfect and never get into accidents will be allow to live while the rest of the stupid people are all dead.

I feel there's a definite difference between a "wear and tear" accident, and when someone is HONESTLY stupid. Being shot with an arrow, and a dumb lady that can't use one of the other 20 pumps at the gas station certainly fall under the "Can't fix stupid" (thanks Bill Engvall) category.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Supachink
Racer

Originally Posted by azbanks
I think Ted Nugent prefers Guns. I know I do. It's just not legal to shoot people for being stupid.
Actually Ted Nugent is a pretty avid bow hunter, or at least thats what I gathered from MTV cribs... lol.

As for accidents, all of them are in parking lots for me, here in Northern Virginia not many know how to drive with any sense of regard to others... First incident was at a parking lot at my work someone with a white car decided they didnt like the lack of pin stripes on my car and left their own as they backed out. started from the middle of the door all the way back... even left a little on my fuchs that i had... i watched for a white car with red paint on it for months after that. If that wasnt bad enough... Second time someone didnt like the way that the already dented rear quarter looked on the passenger side and swiped it either while coming in or going out... i think it was coming it, but they broke my side marker out and creased the dent that was already present... i hated that job and i hated that parking lot... third time was at school in the parking lot, girl chooses to park next to me in the lot when there are obviously a whole 5 other spots next to me she could have used... i backed in and she proceeds to park next to me on the left... she swings open her door in to my car as im sitting in it... my blood boiled even though she apologized... i should have made her apologize to my car... that would have calmed me down... well she left for class... and the rest... the rest is history. Worst luck in parking lots.

Greg
Old 04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
944 crazy
Instructor

a kid backed into me while i was sitting in the car, waiting to leave the parking lot.. what happened to looking behind you when backing up?!?!?!... cost him a new front bumper for me
Old 04-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was sitting in a school parking lot in my 1960 VW Beetle, getting ready to go to class. A Honda pulled in next to me with two young asian girls. The passenger opens her door and slams it right into my door. She looks right at me, closes her door and heads to class. Not a word spoken. I get out and there is a small dent and chip in my door. Mind you my 1960 bug is restored and is pristine. So as cool as the girl, I pull my valve stem remover from my glove box, remove all four valve stems from the Honda tires. I wait for the air to stop flowing and reinstall the valve caps. As I head to class, I throw the valve stems into a garbage can. After my late class (9:30pm), I head to my car. At the Honda, stand the two girls looking blankly at their four flat tires. They ask me if I "have a pump". I say "no".

As I drive away I look in my rear view mirror. I snicker as I see the girls standing next to the lowered Honda in the empty dark parking lot . I did not do permanent damage to their car like they did to mine, but I sure caused them some inconvience.

Moral of the Story: Don't get mad, get even.

Quick Reply: Almost lost my S***!