Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free A/C compresser, with strings attached

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007 | 10:42 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Free A/C compresser, with strings attached

Ok here's the deal: summer's on the way and I have the A/C compressor that came out of my car. When I bought the car the A/C didn't work, the previous owner said that the compressor was seized up. A few years later I moved to Arizona, and decided that fixing the A/C system would be a good idea. I bought a kit that replaced the compressor, a bunch of hoses, and some other small bits. Well, when I pulled the old compressor off it spun by hand without any problem. After recharging the system with all the new stuff installed, I found a substantial leak in the condenser, which may have been the problem all along. Doh!

So, now I have a compressor of questionable condition, that I don't have the heart to toss in the trash. If you have your own A/C equipment or know someone who does and charging a system isn't too difficult for you, or you can rebuild the compressor (a couple of places have told me this is not possible, I don't know if that's correct), this is for you.

So here are the strings: this is for paid members only, you need the red letters. Pay for shipping, and after you get it in the car, pay me what you think it's worth. If it doesn't work, you're out the cost of shipping, if it does, I'll leave the price up to you. Normally I'd say just take it for shipping, but I'm a broke student, and every little bit helps.
Old 03-25-2007 | 11:42 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

what a humanitarian. this might lead to the nobel peace prize or possible sainthood.

Old 03-26-2007 | 08:29 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

I have a condensor, if you need.
Old 03-26-2007 | 02:16 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bearone
what a humanitarian. this might lead to the nobel peace prize or possible sainthood.

Wow, are you always this much of a jerk, or did I catch you on a good day? I guess that's what I get for trying to do something nice.
Old 03-26-2007 | 02:16 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Van
I have a condensor, if you need.
I appreciate the offer, but I've alredy got a good one.
Old 03-26-2007 | 03:36 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Epic2112
Wow, are you always this much of a jerk, or did I catch you on a good day? I guess that's what I get for trying to do something nice.
not always, just a few things wind me up, this was one of 'em.

"So here are the strings: this is for paid members only".

wtf, why paid members only.
if someone needs it, they need it, pd member or not.

help is help, shouldn't require strings.
Old 03-26-2007 | 03:38 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Because rennlist members support each other (and the site). Just like selling things, certain restrictions apply, like being a paid member.
Old 03-26-2007 | 03:46 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Kudos to you Kevin for supporting the community, and the work (and $$) John D. puts into the community to keep it on line.

FWIW, Kevin spent many an afternoon helping someone find the right 944 a few years back (not me). You are A-OK in my book Kevin!!!

If you dont like the terms of his offer, you dont have to take it.

As an aside, about 6 years ago I did a closing for a friends husband. Never again!! He bought the house from an estate, and there was an old T-Bird (about 8 years old) in the driveway. Part of the deal was the driveway would be empty.

The day before the closing the other atty. tells me it will be towed to the scrap yard within a few days of closing, since she just got the title from the executor who was out of state.

When my guy heard she was junking it he said he would take it. All was ok. At closing he asks what happens if it doesnt start? I told him he gets to junk it. Who pays? he asked. "you" i said. He had to mull over the thought of paying someone to take the car.

sounds like what Kevin just offered.

Turns out the car had a whopping 27,000 miles on it, and it turned right over with a boost!!!
Old 03-26-2007 | 04:10 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by MPD47
Because rennlist members support each other (and the site). Just like selling things, certain restrictions apply, like being a paid member.
excuse me but where does it say you must be a member to buy something, sell, yes, must be a member.

i'm not a member but rennbay takes my money, now why is that different?

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:17 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

I never said you had to be a member to buy anything.

Tom summed up what I was trying to convey perfectly (sorry I'm a bit short on sleep here). The seller said he wont deal with non members. Deal with it.
Old 03-26-2007 | 04:33 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

that's easy, i don't need it.

you didn't explain why i can buy at rennbay but not be a member and how that's different than this situation.

nite, nite.

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:37 PM
Jakerx
Hitsquad Ninja
Rennlist Member

not always, just a few things wind me up, this was one of 'em.

"So here are the strings: this is for paid members only".

wtf, why paid members only.
if someone needs it, they need it, pd member or not.

help is help, shouldn't require strings.
Dude...you need professional help.

Rennlist only runs because of paid members like us. Offers like these encourage more members to become paying members. It's the way of the world. Not everyone can be a freerider.
Old 03-26-2007 | 04:41 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

I fail to see anything wrong with the stipulations here. But then, Kevin could have said "free only to people with red hair who lived in an even-numbered zip code" and I'd be fine, since it's his to give away.

To me, saying it is free to members is nothing more than a simple "Thanks for helping to support this site!" It's not meant to be a dig against any non-members (and believe me, I am opposed to considering non-members as second class posters).

BB.
Old 03-26-2007 | 04:47 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

that's easy, i don't need it.

you didn't explain why i can buy at rennbay but not be a member and how that's different than this situation.

nite, nite.

You failed to explain why you are trolling if you didnt need it.

Old 03-26-2007 | 04:55 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Time for everyone to take a chill before I do a search of tifo's old posts and plagiarize one of his stories.

Do y'all hear the clowns calling?

Quick Reply: Free A/C compresser, with strings attached