Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Phoenix AC/Cooling/Belt Day

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix AC/Cooling/Belt Day

Hey Guys,

Since summer is approaching too quickly and I will be knee deep in quite a few projects (two complete cars to build and paint)…….. who’s interested in having an AC/cooling/timing belt day at my place? I will take a look at your ac/cooling systems as well as all of your belts before the summer hits hard. Typically everyone waits until it’s 105 out to worry about it and I get stuck working on a hot car. I have an evacuator, some Freon (12 & 134), the 9201, an entire box of good cooling system hoses and more importantly….some time. Be prepared to get your hands dirty of you attend. I’m thinking either the 28th or 7th of this month.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I don't think many people will be able to make it on the 7th of this month.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:22 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in if we can do it on a weekend. I definitely can not make it on the 7th. I need to replace my belts anyway.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:39 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just joking, Jeremy's garage, when it's open, is usually open on Saturdays. I'm sure he meant next month.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Yeah, I guessed that too. I vote for the 7th. What do I need to bring?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:19 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Epic2112
Well, I don't think many people will be able to make it on the 7th of this month.
Smart ***, you know what I meant......Your de-invited and you can never drive the american car again (especially after it came back smelling like clutch last weekend).

I really don't need anyone to bring anything except their own parts. I only have 8 jack stands and one set of ramps so if more then that show up then we may need some of those. I always need beer.............
Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm April 7th.

Maybe I can drop by and see what the Himsel Garage looks like.

You could always use more "help"

Old 03-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Todd157k
Burning Brakes

I can do it if on the 28th... and would love it. I can turn a wrench, but I don't know squat about a/c and would like to get mine working. I just got the car and don't know when it stopped or what part(s) died. I've bought another climate control unit because I think mine is bad (when you push the a/c button, no light, no nothing). My LP sensor wiring is broke off.. tried to fix it but nothing. I'm sure the list goes on from there.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:04 PM
sillbeer
Pro

can I come too?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M758
Hmm April 7th.

Maybe I can drop by and see what the Himsel Garage looks like.

You could always use more "help"

Lol. That's just too funny yet painfully familiar.

Anyone's welcome to come over but with the amount of people it's unlikely I'll be able to do any "basket case" AC jobs or a major belt/seal/R&R. That'll have to be scheduled for another time. Between the regulars who don't post, the PM's I've recieved, and the reply posts it looks like quite a few people and a few hate mails from the local shops. Good thing I didn't open it up the the ZO6 guys, those leaches would have a line around the block .

Hey Joe, We have a spec car wanna-be here that's looking for a Daddy or a sponsor.......
Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Jeremy, you should get hate mail. Don't you know that we have no right to work on our own cars. How could you be so evil as to suggest such a thing.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:04 AM
Todd157k
Burning Brakes

Jeremy,
1st off, I think I might just get a rebuilt compressor and bolt it in so that the only thing left (major) is lines, if that sounds ok. (I assume I'm the afore mentioned basket case, as is my car). Let me know what else I can do to the system to prepare it for charge/adj.
Secondly, perhaps you've never scene my posts on CF or LS1tech... but I am pretty close to one of those "leaches" mentioned also.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd157k
Jeremy,
1st off, I think I might just get a rebuilt compressor and bolt it in so that the only thing left (major) is lines, if that sounds ok. (I assume I'm the afore mentioned basket case, as is my car). Let me know what else I can do to the system to prepare it for charge/adj.
Secondly, perhaps you've never scene my posts on CF or LS1tech... but I am pretty close to one of those "leaches" mentioned also.
LOL, no I'm not referring to anyone's car in specific. I've done this before and had guys show up with a system that hasn't run in 3 years and no tech skills 2 hours after everyone else and then wonder why their system wasn't running at the end of the day. I'm not a magician and they'll be 10 to 12 guys there easily. Take into account test rides, general BSing, beer drinking, and cigar smoking there doesn't leave a lot of time for "major" overhauls.

I would start with a decent flush of the system and an o-ring replacement. Check the AC fuses to make sure they're all there and fix any broken wiring that you may have. I did an AC write up on the board a few years ago but have no clue what happened to it. I'll send you a PM with my number. I'm also on the CF forums but don't post outside much especially outside of the ZO6 and racing pages.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Todd157k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I would start with a decent flush of the system
aaaa... you lost me at hello.

. and an o-ring replacement.
If I can find something that tells me where they are, this I can do.

. Check the AC fuses to make sure they're all there and fix any broken wiring that you may have.
Did this and found (what I think is) my low pressure sensor wires broke at the connector (green one) however since they broke right at the connector, I didn't know which wire went where. (50/50 chance usually means 100% sure I'll get it wrong). Unfortunately I couldn't easily remove the green connector. Froze? or do I have to r/r the whole sensor?

. I did an AC write up on the board a few years ago but have no clue what happened to it.
This would be a tremendous help if you can find it. I'll wait for your pm. Thanks
Old 03-17-2007, 11:33 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Jeremy, K, K, S, & S,
Thanks for your advice and help today. It was great to get to know you guys. See you on the 7th.

Quick Reply: Phoenix AC/Cooling/Belt Day