Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want less sound...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Todd- you're saying trunk area for 944- hatch right? I only ask b/c much of this was for real trunks of cabs... The one square in the hatch area- is that the one covering the fuel gauge sender opening...? Should be white cloth-like stuff...? I'm not sure how the models changed over the years, but in my car, there was a big rubber thing- almost square- it's was probably 2ft by a little more than 2ft- it was thick rubber & it went down underneath the heavy-backed hatch carpet. IF this is what you're talking about, I removed it.

I'm not 100% sure what can be done to preserve the nice clean look unnder there, to be honest, but Polyken tape can be put on to look fairly nice IMO- it's silvery- looks like reflective tape or something & the stuff I got from Merco tape was 3" wide.

I'm having a horrible time w/my computer. I lost everything as my HD crashed a month back, but right before it went, I copied everything to CDs- there are 3 or 4 of them. For some reason now, the comp will not read everything on them & I get errors saying "not responding" when I try some. IF I can find a way to get into them (& it would REALLY help me if I could) I have some pics of my hatch area in the Polyken stage. I didn't do as nice a job w/the Neoprene.

YOU COULD add neoprene, just cut to fit & lay it down, but to really work, it sort of needs to be weighted down well- the heavy rear carpeting MIGHT be enough, but not sure how much you'd notice.

BTW- did you do any of this stuff to the wheel wells themselves, up underneath inside the panels? Some areas are tough to get too, but just curious... these are areas that can do a little & not add tons of weight- again, the weight issue is a big thing w/me...

But honestly, the smaller strips of the Polyken are easier to get on neatly, IMO, than DynaMat & they stick better (from what several have told me), are lighter, cheaper, etc & I when I put my layer down, it was so nice & stuck that you could see every contour of the original metal- all the litttle patterns & ridges, etc, so I thought it looked good, but it might not be what you want.

IF I can free a pic or two, I'll send you some. I'm almost positive I have some old ones saved to CD from the rear seat area at least, but at this point, am not entirely optimistic on being able to retrieve... PM me if you're interested & I'll do my best...

Quick Reply: I want less sound...