Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New exhaust for the Callaway

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:28 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Keithr726
I'm asking...for pics!
Looks just like mine except there are clear plastic covers over the lights.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll try to post some later tonight with a write-up. I haven't seen a good write-up on this subject and it might be a useful contribution to someone. . .

FWIW I'm keeping the pop-up lights on the Callaway car. Having done the fixed-headlight conversion on my other car now and realizing what's involved with it, I honestly don't know if it's worth going through all the trouble again. The look is nice, but it's not all THAT much nicer than stock - just my opinion of course. If I want day running lights, I can always flip on the fogs or add some additional lights as driving lights (Euro nose, anyone?) Just my $0.02. But I did put a lot of time into doing the fixed-light conversion on my other car so I'll write it up and take some pics. Either tonight or whenever I can next get to it, since there appears to be some interest in the subject.

I also noticed a couple of rather serious design flaws in the GT Racing setup, which I'll address, along with my solutions to them. That's the part that might be particularly useful for someone looking to tackle this.

Azn, FWIW GT Racing also sells just the lexan covers by themselves for those buckets if you want to close 'em off. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than the full conversion kit. Might want to look into that if you really want the covers.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:38 PM
AznDrgn
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the covers are like $200-$300 alone. There was a write up a while back on how to make them yourself so I think I'll try it. I actually have one cover just not the other.

Quick Reply: New exhaust for the Callaway