Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And we think Porsche parts can be expensive...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006 | 10:53 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

The SVTs all have sunroofs and it was also an option on the regular contour. I don't know but I sell about 1-2 a day since I started doing it a little over a year ago. You have to think though, a fraction of the Ford contour is probably a higher production than all of the 944s.
The cougars I know about. Its a rail issue but I am working on making a fix for them as well.
Old 12-28-2006 | 01:21 AM
Scuba Steve
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J Berk
they are probably so expensive because NOBODY is buying them new.....there must be several of what you need in every junk yard in the nation! I'd imagine that a buick seat assembly of that year is the same as one from a caddy, olds, chevy, pontiac or gmc....take a junk-yard trip! never know...you might get lucky and find a P-car while you're there!
I'd love to find something to pull some parts for myself from at the yard... the only time I found a 944 they thought the thing was gold plated. Maybe my luck will change tomorrow.

My first car was a Delta 88 and I used to find all kinds of great stuff from other B-Body cars to install in mine back in high school. Half the fun was coming across strange things left behind in other cars in the lot. The newer models I'm a lot less familiar with but it'll still be nice looking for parts that are common across different models for a change.

Travis, you're welcome to one of the GM power seat gears if you ever want one. The old ones will probably be floating around my parent's garage for years! I'm looking for several small interior plastic parts too. They all broke because they attach with these long straight clips that shear off. Terrible design.

Quick Reply: And we think Porsche parts can be expensive...