Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remaining Iceshark Inventory...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpideySlave944
"...she's killing me... slowly....
If it's not a car, it's a girl, right...? I'll be here. Well, after the weekend... Going out ot town & will be ready to do stuff Monday.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Pics of a new kit w/limited edition red ExFlex Only have it b/c someone gave it to me. Not much left & can only buy in quantity- very pricey. Looks like I have enough IceShark inventory left for ~10 more kits, so for those of you wanting genuine IceShark battery cable kits w/extra stuff & cool red ExFlex on the + cables (while supplies last- maybe 6 or 7 kits?) let me know

I'll be glad to give pricing details via PM- complete kit is down to $310 shipped, which is good, considering the economy. That's~$40 cheaper than 3yrs ago, but w/more stuff

Hopefully all of you who ordered early this year, have received the kits I sent to you w/the extra stuff. IF NOT, PLEASE let me know, as I have not heard from many of you & some of you probably weren't aware it was even on it's way.

I have made some extra ground for the cars & have several options, so PM to discuss- IF you want just the grounds, that's fine too- no one has to order complete kits & the grounds really do help.
Attached Images      
Old 07-12-2008, 03:06 AM
dralwhite
Intermediate

HI, I am certainly interested. Do you happen to have any headlight kits left as well?
thanks again
A
Old 07-12-2008, 03:27 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds great- I have 11 partials that were started by Dan & ALL the parts HE used to make them. We have 6 now, that are mostly finished- we'll try to finish these up Sunday, but can't promise that- will be soon, but I do have a few people who are already in line for them- will probably take a few days to round everyone up- I've had people asking about them for months. It's been a serious delay b/c I can not solder- I had to find someone who could do a quality job, to do it- I have though, & he says it was not that bad.

Anyway, price on the harness will probably be $210 shipped- I'm going by what Dan sold entire kit for, at $400 shipped, as well as what I paid for everything, etc, & subtracting the things I do not have any more of, like lenses, bulbs, etc. I DO have adj volt regs that I'll sell for $18, on top of the harness, as well as supp ground for $20 (although IF you buy that w/the battery cables, it's included, so you wont need another).

I AM having trouble keeping up w/everyone, as many people want many dif things, so you might want to go ahead & get the battery cable set for now. IF you do, I'll knock the cost of S&H off the headlight harness to continental US- was going to do this for a few people who ordered battery kits already, awhile back, but wanted headlight harness when it became available. This way you wont be out any S&H, so it wont hurt you to buy separately...

Let me know- PM, or whatever...

thanks a lot...
Old 07-12-2008, 10:12 AM
porcho heat
Pro

What's shipping look like to Toronto, ON, Canada?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:52 AM
SpeedBump
Happily Amused
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robby is great to work woth and the cables are amazing.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mark- thanks again- I'm really glad it helped your car- that's the coolest part of it- knowing it worked & you Rennlisters have all been great to work with....

Jerry- I just did an order for another Ontario guy & it looks like it'll be only $24 for USPS Flat Rate. Now, in the $310, I already have $10 built in for continental US S&H, so if you want a complete kit shipped to you in ON, it'll be $324 total. I can do a complete kit or partial or whatever. PM me for any details &/or for Paypal addy, etc... Hmmm... I wonder- if you guys new each other I wonder if I could have fit it two kits into one flat rate box to save you each $12....? Not sure on that- some of the flat rate boxes are dif sizes I think- seems like one I used for a recent order to Norway was a little larger than normal, but US boxes have two sizes- one is just under $10 (& I add delivery confirmation which brings it to $10.45) & a larger one for ~$14 I think. Not sure on foreign ones, but will find out Monday as that's when his kit needs to go out.... PM me & we'll see what we can do....

Thanks a lot,
Robby
Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

...down to ~8 total kits left- if you have not sent Paypal, or do not have an understanding worked out w/me where I have specifically said "I have a kit being held for you" or something similar, then you need to get w/me on Paypal, etc, soon, if you want in... I'm trying to get a bunch together to send out Monday, so PM me if interested....

thanks
Attached Images  
Old 07-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Robby,

Do you have any of the 35w Narva brake bulbs? I'm trying to find a source for those and all I've found were (only two) were around 9 bucks each.

Thanks!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 07-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim- no, sorry- I only had a few of those back when Dan died- he must not have had many stocked. If you can get them for $9/ea, I'd do it b/c they are often bringing $12/ea- the best I've seen has been $10/ea. So, unless they're going to gouge you on S&H...

As for cable sets- we're down to only a few, so those of you who've contacted me, but have not decided yet, better hurry up. I'm hoping to become a sponsor, if they are still allowing small business sponsors here, but John D hasn't gotten back to me yet. IF it works, I may continue w/this stuff, but for now, it's not a a sure thing.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where/what are the best places to run the additional grounds to? Going to skim the thread to see if this is covered.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:49 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks Robby!

It's been so long I can't remember how much we paid originally. I'll pick up a dozen to make it worth while.

Jim 1987 944S
Old 07-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck on that Jim- about the only place I've been inquiring lately is Daniel Stern- he has a great rep & really knows what he's doing. I'm not sure how he'd do on prices for a doz or more, but, he's worth a try...

Phoenix- there are several places, actually. The ones Dan used for his normal supplemental ground, which he sold for $22- the easiest way to describe where it goes is just to copy & paste Dan's installation instructions...

The supplemental ground is a single 2 foot long #4 cable with a 5/16” eyelet terminal on one end & a ¼” eyelet terminal on the other. The 5/16” terminal can be connected to the engine block at the top bolt (of 3) holding down the upper balance shaft housing. This housing is inner O-ring sealed, so will provide an excellent ground & disturbing a gasket is not an issue. You can also bolt it to the engine lift point if you prefer. The ¼” eyelet end is run across the motor & then down to the left frame rail underneath the headlight bucket to the existing common lighting ground point. Several brown colored grounds already attach there.

The short ground I'm making, to work in conjunction w/this is easier to attach- it goes from the backside of the bolt that runs through the battery box- this is the bolt, that on the inside of the battery box, the shorter of the two [-] cables runs to, from the [-] battery terminal. This bolt threads into the wall there & I include a slightly longer one, so that it sticks out into the engine bay side, slightly, so that you can connect the lug from that end of the short ground. Then, the other end of the ground attaches to the top of the fuel rail base, where it sits on top of the cam cover.

The original IceShark supplemental ground is now $20 & so is the short grond. I'll sell BOTH to anyone here for $40 shipped (in the cont US) whereas S&H is almost always $5 now, so each alone would be $25... Still, just one for $25 is worth doing if you do not have any supp grounds. I've made a few rears ones too, so if anyone's interested, I can give more detail on that....

Either way, good luck- if I can help any, let me know...
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jim- Dan was selling them for $6/ea, IIRC. So I'm not sure what he actually got them for, but, he did have some good connections & he also bought some pretty large quantities...

For anyone wanting just grounds, let me know- they really do help. Several people have just wanted to upgade the negative kit, completely, w/out any [+] stuff- this is fine too- I'll sell the cable sets any way you want it. Also, getting VERY close to having several headlight harnesses done...
Old 08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Rennlisters- the moment many of you have been waiting for- we now have 6 completed IceShark headlight harnesses- there are going to be ~4 more, but they take awhile to finish & we do test each & every one, individually, so we do them in batches to save time. The next (& possibly last?) set will be done in a week or so, but for now, there are 6 to sell- these & the next batch have all been ~40% finished by Dan himself. When they are gone, I will try to continue, but I'm having trouble finding several neccessary things.

Anyway, I've tried to contact all of you who've wanted them, by PM. I sincerely hope I did not miss anyone, so if you did contact me long ago, or something, PLEASE get in touch w/me & let me know immediately, if you want one of these. Otherwise, I'm going to give a few people ~24hrs to respond & from there, it's first come first serve.

They are pretty much the same price as they were 3yrs ago, when broken down from the $400 price of the full boat kit. They are $200 + S&H. I do have supplemental grounds, but if you ordered a battery cable kit already, then you already have them. I also have some adj voltage regulators ($20/ea). I do NOT have lenses, but I highly recommend Daniel Stern for those, as well as bulbs. Anyway, PM me for any details or specific pricing, etc- get in touch quick...

thanks a lot!

Here is a link for Daniel Stern for Cibie E-code 7" round lenses (his current price on these is $76/ea) & Narva H4 90/100 bulbs (his current price is $20/ea) &/or Osram 80/85 H4 bulbs (these supposedly put out a little more light than the older Narvas- his price is $24/ea).

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/

Quick Reply: Remaining Iceshark Inventory...