Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remaining Iceshark Inventory...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 05:17 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remaining Iceshark Inventory...

EDIT- I have permission to do this- it's a 1-time thing until all of Dan's remaining stuff is gone. It might take a month or so, though, as I have other things going on. I'm going to donate some of the proceeds to Rennlist for being allowed to do this. Not sure how or how much, yet, but I will definately give something. Please read the later, posts in this thread, for updated lists...

Last edited by Robby; 03-27-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 AM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting. I may be interested in the whole lot. (i posted this on the turbo board as well).

We (another rennlister and I) have developed a complete lighting kit that I’m assuming is very similar to Dan’s. Since his passing there isn’t really high quality kit available so we put one together for 10 of the local guys that is currently in testing. The kit we developed is completely modular to accommodate future upgrades incase Euro driving lights want to be added later (or now). The wiring used exceeds SAE standards and was gauged to handle in the range of 700W total lighting. Only Bosch relays are being used and the harness can draw power from either the alternator or directly from the battery. The thought here was ease of installation (pretty much plug-play), as well as some people’s reluctance in removing a 20 year old j-boot to access the alternator. We designed this kit to be a complete overkill from a wattage perspective and be able to withstand the under-hood conditions generated in a turbo car without a thought 20 years from now (shrink wrapped, loomed, double crimped, soldered, ect). If we were within 80% of potential wire gauge capacity we went up one. After reviewing some of Dan’s supplies, it appears that he also had the same passion for superior quality kits. The schematics and BOM, was reviewed by an EE/PE (work buddy) and he stated that it’s about as stout as you can get without purposely wasting money and we’re experimenting with both the Cibie and Hella e-code lenses and only use Narva bulbs to see which provided the best beam.

This type of harness is not for everyone as some people are okay with having lesser lighting capacity and using relays, wiring, and connectors that are available at any local auto parts suppliers. Once we get the last kit installed there’s a chance we’ll make more if others are interested and maybe Dan’s remaining stock can be picked up if it’s still available. Dan did not make much money on these kits and pricing would be a few bucks cheaper then his. If anyone may be interested in a kit, send me a PM to gauge interest and I’ll run it by John D (break off a piece for the list in Dan’s name). I should have pictures by Monday.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeremy- I was about to contact you as someone else had mentioned you & your possible project, etc. I'm going to work now but will contact you later tonight- I'll PM you an e-mail addy & # & maybe we can talk about it. Your kits sound excellent & one of the things I like most (& is what Dan did) is making it so Euro drivers can be added later, etc.

How expensive would a new J-boot be, if needed replacing, anyway? Is this the main thing people worry about when getting to the alternator for the voltage reg? My mech installed my light kit & went ot the battery (he said he didn't want to mess up any hoses or some BS) & I'm planning to hook it up correctly soon. The whole thing pissed Dan off, but laughed about the fact that his kit would fit the way I have it installed- he said it was more practical & adapatable than he'd thought- what's the word I'm looking for there...? Anyway...

I'll be replying to PM's tonight (aribop & others) as I've got a ton of them now- thanks a lot everyone!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
as some people are okay using relays, wiring, and connectors that are available at any local auto parts suppliers.
Bahh... who wants that. Anything that goes on one of my cars has to be hard to find and expensive when/if I do.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Edited to avoid confusion- see later posts in this thread....

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 AM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So no complete light wiring harness? Some odd reason I don't have that with my set.
Any E-Code Fog Lenses? My Drivers side got cracked.

I'll take a pair of H4's though.

And who has the extra IceShark Stickers? I tried to get 1 or 2, but wasn't able to.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Actually, at this point, there is one full headlight wiring harness- as the "full-boat kit," it goes for $405 including S&H- see above. It includes the entire harness, ground, adj voltage reg, 2prs of Narva H4 90/100's, & a pair of Cibie E-code lenses. I can mix & match however...

Last edited by Robby; 03-27-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Erzengal
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just reread my notes from the original order from Dan. I guess the wiring harness took a bit more to install at that time, so he just got everything but the harness. E-Code fogs I think came from a different order, don't think Dan ever sold those.

No point in buying the kit again, since I already have the rest. Someone else could put that to use.

I can just get one of Travis', so no worries.

PM Sent... hopefully it worked.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Edited to avoid confusion...

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Edited to avoid confusion...

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:49 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Any of the firewall zip ties? That stick on the firewall studs like stock?
Old 04-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I'm about to have some.... I'll PM you my e-mail addy for details, etc....
Old 05-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Robby, still got lots of inventory on the Narva bulbs? I was considering getting some.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:56 PM
8744S
Racer

I'll take some of those zip ties too, if there are any left, and 2 of the 90/100 bulbs

~Ben

Quick Reply: Remaining Iceshark Inventory...