Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remaining Iceshark Inventory...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Edited to avoid confusion....

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:58 AM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump to get Robby's attention (I hope).
Old 05-21-2007, 05:17 PM
dnwong
Pro

Yes, please provide an update as to what is left....

thanks.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:07 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys- sorry about the delay- my computer caught a nasty little case of spyware & a worm or two- I don't know the first thing about comps, except when it hit, I locked it down- wouldn't get online, enter passwords, CC #'s, nothing... I've got a friend fixing it all for me- should have it back w/by end of week- I've picked up what I think is the remaining cable & am going to finish a few small pieces to get the battery cables finished & will sell the rest of the inventory in the meatime, but until I've got my comp, I really am having a hard time dealing w/it all, w/Paypal, orders, etc... So, if you'll give me a few more days, I'll get back w/an update- I do stil have some bulbs, relays, lenses & am working on various cables, but that depends on other parties to help with, as they're not all 100% finished- Dan was in the middle of a bunch of things when he died- I don't trust my soldering skills, so am having some probs here & that's a big part of the delay, when combined w/my comp probs- sorry about all this, but just wanted to pop in to let you guys know I haven't dissapeared- I'll be back soon...

Robby
Old 05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When you get around to it, i need a lens. thanks!
Old 09-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's been a long, bad summer- sorry for the delay, but I've had some bad luck & am just getting it back together. Here is an updated list- I've got several full battery cable kits left & ready to sell. I've adjusted the prices slightly (lowered a tiny amount), so go by THIS list- Paypal is included. I'm hoping to have a couple of headlight harnesses available soon, but it depends on how much cable is left over. There wasn't a whole lot & I wont do the soldering myself b/c I'm not good enough, but do have a local friend who might help me & IF so, I'll be able to do a few more of them, as Dan has a few finished headlight cables- the ones w/the fuses soldered in place- ready to be completed w/the rest of the cables.

DEVON- I don't remember ever getting you a lense...? Do you still need one? I only have a couple left & really plan to keep them, but since you asked for one several MONTHS ago, IF you still need it, I'll sell you one. Just let me know...

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:40 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll take the positive cable set.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 PM
aribop
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Robby,
Do you have any bases for the relays available. Dan was in the process of getting some for me but...
Old 09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Albert- I removed them from my list b/c there's only a few left & I wanted to save most of them to TRY to do a few more headlight harnesses. I have complete ones, but have exactly the amount of each to make them complete. Do you JUST need the bases, or the whole thing? also, how many do you need? I'll work something out w/you, one way or another- e-mail me & if you don't have the addy still, PM me & I'll get w/you on it...
Old 09-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Robby, if you were going to keep them, you can.. I'm probably going to wait till spring to buy one, and there are a couple places to get them for only a little more than you were asking so it's not a big deal for me to get it from them. Thanks for remembering though.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey guys- it's been a long few months, but I'm ready to try to finish this up. John D originally gave me permission to do this as a one-time thing, since it's Dan's remaining inventory. I've had to buy & sell it in stages & while I've had to buy some misc pieces to finish a few things, I'm still dealing w/the original inventory. Much of the original list is gone. Prices have changed a little- Dan had to raise them a lot at the end, due to having to buy the fuses (he had gotten them for free for a long time). I just bought 20 @ $30/ea to try to finish all of this- there are TWO of them in the full positive battery cable kit. I am not planning to pass the entire cost along to the customer, however, I did have to adjust prices a little.

When figuring in the final prices, please remember, that the full kit price (which I'm giving a better deal than all components separately) does include >$10 worth of misc stuff & & I'm also including the red rubber boot that Dan meant to include- not sure if he did in his final runs or not... Also, Paypal zaps me for >$10 & there is no extra charge for that. I use USPS Priority mail & will ship anywhere in US for $10, so long as it will all fit in a flat rate box & that the PO doesn't increase the rate. I add delivery confirmation for tracking.

To those who already have battery cable kits- The 2.5" HEX BOLTS (included by Dan) for emergency, are TOO LONG!!! I've bought a bunch of 2" ones & will be glad to send one to anyone who wants one.

Right now, all I have left are battery cable kits & supp grounds. I can make custom length ground OR battery cables until my cable runs out, PLUS, I also have some ~red & black 0awg cable that I can make grounds or cable with, but the stuff is heavy & more expensive- it's really cool, though, even if overkill. If you really need any misc parts, let me know & I'll see what I can do. Dan had 11 partial headlight harnesses made, when he died, & I should have these completed w/in the next month or so. I just need to get my solder guy to help me, as they're fairly technical.

Last edited by Robby; 03-28-2008 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Wipeout
Not Special
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Robby, always good to see you posting; glad that you're back.

My two cents...what exactly is included with the "full kit". You know, for the noobs.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:40 AM
Lizard944
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm still holding out for a headlight harness

Take your time and do them up nice Robby

--Lizard
Old 03-23-2008, 08:47 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Darren- thanks a lot man- it's good to be back- hopefully I'll have my car back in a few days too... Ok, here is a rundown of the FULL kit:

One 1awg positive main cable (battery to starter).
One 4awg fused (175amp) positive cable (battery to fuse box).
Both of the above are connected to a [+] "military spec" battery clamp terminal.
One 4awg fused (175 amp) supplemental positive cable (starter to alternator).
One 1awg battery ground kit (this is a 2-cable set, like the factory).
The above is also connected to a [-] "military spec" battery clamp terminal.
ALL 3 [+] cables are covered w/ExFlex fibreglass sheilding (good to ~1200'F).
They're pre-crimped w/Waytek lugs & finished w/adhesive-backed heat shrink.
Fuses are bolted in-place & bolted to clamp/terminals.
Supplemental [+] has wire to pull exciter & solenoid wires through the ExFlex.
Twenty ~9" cable ties.
Four ~7" chassis cable ties (smilar to factory that sell for a few bucks/ea).
One tube (or packet, depending on stock) of Dielectric Grease.
One small sanding sponge.
Two 1.25" cushioned cable clamps.
One 2" long Hex bolt w/nut & washer (for emergencies).
One red rubber + terminal cover/boot.
One ~3.5" long piece of slit plastic tubing.
Two sets of instructions. One is e-mail only. The other can be printed...

It's also a good idea to get the supplemental ground, as well. It came w/the headlight kits, originally. Dan's final price for this was $22. His price for the entire kit, including this ground, was $339 shipped. So my price of $330, is slightly lower- this assuming I have no probs getting everything into a standard USPS flat-rate box. I know >$330 seems like a lot, but then, after having gone through all of this & having bought several misc items to complete the kits (most notably, the $30 fuses), I now see how he added it all up, for the most part. Plus, Paypal zaps ~$10. Dan kept prices lower at first b/c he was getting the fuses for free. I remember him saying that his little "loop hole" was subject to end at any time- it finally did, not long before he died.

Here's a pic of the entire kit, so you guys can see it- I'm not sure who took these photos, but it was a Rennlister- thanks to whomever it was... BTW- the red rubber boot is not pictured b/c Dan did not include it at first.

Lizard- Hopefully it wont be too long, but for the record, I'm not going to be doing the work- that's soldering & I'm not good at that- I've got someone lined up though, I think. Dan had 11 partial harnesses finished when he died & he had ALMOST everything lined up to finish them, so I've got everything that's needed, except the work.
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Clark W
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robby, PM sent, count me in for a Full Kit. thanks, -clark

Quick Reply: Remaining Iceshark Inventory...