Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOMEONE HIT MY S!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006 | 09:10 PM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by hockeydude
oh. well however it happened, (lol!) the thing that realy matters is how long it's going to take the guy to pay for it to be properly fixed.
their family is very wealthy, so I hope not very long, this is gunna ruin my whole chirstmas break not being with my baby
Old 12-11-2006 | 09:11 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

What is it, alpine or grand prix white? Make SURE you know if the car is the proper factory colour to start with, then read the code off the tailgate sticker. If its not a factory colour....well ****.

If buddy wont pony up some dough, if it was my car I'd get even with say a 2 pound sledge hammer on his rear quarter.
Old 12-11-2006 | 09:12 PM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
What is it, alpine or grand prix white? Make SURE you know if the car is the proper factory colour to start with, then read the code off the tailgate sticker. If its not a factory colour....well ****.

If buddy wont pony up some dough, if it was my car I'd get even with say a 2 pound sledge hammer on his rear quarter.
i believe it is alpine white, but it has been repainted, this is gunna be a huge pain in the ***, and my cars body was perfect before this
Old 12-11-2006 | 09:38 PM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Since you know the family, you should know what kind of people they are. If they are stand-up honest people, it shouldn't be a problem.

If they're a family of ********, you know where they live, and that could turn out to be VERY expensive for them.
Old 12-11-2006 | 09:41 PM
greenshoes3
Pro

Originally Posted by bleucamaro
Since you know the family, you should know what kind of people they are. If they are stand-up honest people, it shouldn't be a problem.

If they're a family of ********, you know where they live, and that could turn out to be VERY expensive for them.
I NEED A PRICE, I have work and cant get a quote for a lil, my dad is at work for like the next week (pilot), so I really need some predictions from people that actually own these cars. They always seemed like honest people, but I guess this will show their true character.
Old 12-11-2006 | 11:19 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

take it to a couple body shops and ask them for a free estimate. Prob be alittle bit of $ but thats how it is. They should be able to pound that out-or pull it- do some body work and spray the quarter panel from the taillight to the door. There are things called paint scanners that can match the paint weather its factory or not so what color it is does not matter.
Old 12-12-2006 | 02:30 AM
fork_included
Pro

Originally Posted by greenshoes3
I NEED A PRICE, I have work and cant get a quote for a lil, my dad is at work for like the next week (pilot), so I really need some predictions from people that actually own these cars. They always seemed like honest people, but I guess this will show their true character.
depending on the shop and how much they want to rip you, i would say a job like that with a colour like that shouldnt cost more than 3 bills.
Old 12-12-2006 | 03:27 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

The kid is an idiot. The whole family friends bit, well if they were good friends they'd fess up and pny up. If not, legal route. Hope she gets fixed soon.
Old 12-12-2006 | 04:00 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

yeah that sucks
Old 12-12-2006 | 09:54 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

EXACT thing happend to me. I was parked in school parking lot and a kid hits me while im parked - not even in my car - He was in a big lifted truck and he just puleed into me. I saw it happen, with like 40 other people around also. Cops wouldnt do crap because it was my school parking lot. The school SRO was friend with the guys family and said that he would make sure it got taken care of. When it came down to it the little bitch ducked out and I am left with no legal route and a bent driver's side fender.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2006 | 10:07 AM
NeoRules
Burning Brakes

I am sure if they are a wealthy family they have a nice big lawn in front of their house.
Spell out what you think of them in antifreeze or grass and weed killer.....
(wait until dark though)....

Should get the point across....
Old 12-12-2006 | 10:28 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

That's going to be more than $300 like someone stated above. But there is no way to know until you take it to a shop or three for an estimate. If you want the person that struck the car to be fair with you and take care of it, you will need to be fair with them and give them a real estimate, not one from a bunch of strangers looking at a couple of lo-res photos on the interweb.
Old 12-12-2006 | 10:41 AM
alordofchaos
Rennlist Member

I don't even see how it couldn't be his fault... is he suggesting that you slid your right rear fender into his truck?

It's pretty clear his truck hit your car... so it's his fault. Just like how when a person rear ends someone else, it's the hitter's fault... they were too close or not paying attention to conditions.

Either they parents are stand up people (sounds like the son is an ****) and do the right thing, or you'll have to sic Judge Judy on them

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2006 | 11:26 AM
greenshoes3
Pro

yeh, its not like im using these replies as an estimate lol, just want a rough idea as im leaving for the body shop today. So far they havent even called us back, I think they know its their sons fault.
Old 12-12-2006 | 11:41 AM
Airflite40
Official Rennlist
Borat Impersonator
Rennlist Member

dude an estimate at the body shop would take less than an hour to get.

Quick Reply: SOMEONE HIT MY S!!!!