Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim Cooper - Project RennWish

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:19 AM
Julian Allen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Candy, our prayers are with you. So many times Jim's posts on the e-mail list raised a smile on so many of our faces. As the song says, "no more pain, no more sorrow."
Old 02-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Adriano
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passing of the xdecman

Lazy Sunday wake up, got of the mailing list and read Dan' message about Jim's death.
Well shocked as hell since knowing Jim's perseverance for a long time, I was sure he'll pull this last one off.

You all should remember one of his posts, where despite all the ordeal he was going thought, he pointed that his side was ok, but we should not forget his beloved Candy.

Well guys, we should not forget her and again support her on this tough times.

Also Jimbo wil be wth us forever and as I wrote to Candy, he might be toying with some P-car in heaven and might be even the one of the big guy Himself...

Xdec, thanks for all the good times, take a good rest

Adriano
87 924S
Old 02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Adriano
2nd Gear

Thanks for Jim's pic Scott. Surely I can see for the first time, all that good funny side of Jim we knew on the list , was stamped on his face !!!

Take care Cupmeister !!!

Adriano
87 924S
Old 02-10-2008, 10:30 AM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Adriano! After all this time, we finally get you to the forums! Jim's GOT to be smiling at that!

(Note to everyone else: Jim, Adriano and I are all a part of the "old guard", which was the original email list that was running long before the web forums showed up!)

Best to you and thank you for your rememberance of Jim!

Regards,
Old 02-10-2008, 10:43 AM
billnbr
1st Gear

I always enjoyed the 'Cooper Cup' posts and later the revitalization of the 944. Rest in peace Jim.

BillnBR
Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Homer
Instructor

Rest in peace Jim...we'll all remember him everytime we draw Cooper Cup points wrenching on our cars...

Ken
84-944
Ottawa, Canada
Old 02-10-2008, 12:19 PM
mlommatzsch
3rd Gear

I remember Jim from his time in the SF Bay Area. Heaven now holds one of the biggest hearts around. RIP Jim.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Rest In Peace Der Cupmeister - you will be missed.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've never met you, but I followed your Cooper Cup exploits on numerous occasions. You always brought a smile to my face, Rest in Peace.

May you enjoy your Porsches in the afterlife, without mechanical problems!
Old 02-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Doug Donsbach
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Godspeed, Jim Cooper.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Riff
Rennlist Member

So shocked, do not know what to write. The Cooper Cup exploits and encouragement to Jim will always be part of what I like best about Rennlist.

Rest in Peace Jim.....
Old 02-10-2008, 06:02 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

I stuck this thread last evening - and have gotten a lot of PMs and e-mail since then... So, without any fanfare - or whatever - I wrote this earlier this evening to someone who had donated $100 in Jim's name to Project Rennwish. I would say more - but, at this time - I really can't. I hope you understand.

Here was my reply:

Hey my friend,

I feel like I got hit with a sledge hammer last evening when I got home from work... I had just returned from bringing one of my friends - since childhood - home from chemo. He lost a lung 8 months ago, and he has a new cancer. They give him 6 more months. I don't know. Either does he. Then - I came home - and read a private note from Candy about Jim's passing. Hit me twice. I e-mailed her back in private - and was so upset. Then at 7:00 PM - after all that - got this note. Another wonderful friend, a compatriot - a person who I love and respect. He is 78 years old, very well known in the public eye - and he and I are friends:

Sent from my buddy: "To you, my friend privately..... It is true I was on Life supports twice, a little surgery. Lost 100 PdsTrue, Ms Nancy has Parkinson and Now Cancer ( Last week ). It down to 90 Pds. Still has the fighting spirit and all the love and caring a person can have..."

So I called him and spent an hour on the phone with him. We laughed. We cried and then we talked a little more...

Yea - it all put what I do in Haiti into perspective.

I don't know anymore...

Jim will be remembered in no small way in what Jen & I do.. He was a large part of what we "did" on Rennlist.

That's all there is, there is no more..

JD
Old 02-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Jerry Slaughter
1st Gear

Default Farewell Friend..

I have followed Jim's exploits since the days of Porschelist, even had the chance to exchange some personal messages with him over the years. I will truly miss him.

My thoughts not only to Candy, but to all of his close friends around the country. He has impacted many lives over the years.

God speed...
Old 02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

I met Jim, aka xdecman, nearly 10 years ago when we were both down at Laguna Seca for the Porsche 50th Anniversary celebration. I and many others had dinner with him at the Baja Cantina out in Carmel Valley. Never saw him again... but always marveled at his wit, perseverance and great attitude. He was a real character... a true one-of-a-kind... and he will be missed by all who knew him.

Here's to you Jim, God rest your soul.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:55 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never met Jim, but have seen him post and conversed on the email lists over the past few years. I remember the first thread I saw about his illness and many trips to the hospital. There were times I know the man could barely lift his head, but came online to thank the many many rennlisters for all of their good deeds and well wishes. He always projected a very happy disposition. No matter what, not even pain and the knowledge of an inevitable untimely demise in his face, he was happy. I can only hope to embrace life so abundantly. Good bye Jim. Best wishes Candy.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: Jim Cooper - Project RennWish