Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a seat with a Sparco bottom mount?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Who has a seat with a Sparco bottom mount?

Two Things:

How high is the seat from the floor, and does it angle the seat at all?

If your seat accepts side mounts want to trade side mounts for bottom mounts? i have a set of sparco metal side mounts NIB.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:21 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a momo seat with sparco universal sliders and a bottom mount 911/944/968 mounting bracket. It does not sit angled at all, not sure how far it sits from the floor, but I do know that the seat itself actually lowered me in the car versus the stock seats.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

now i know why it is cheaper to go into a store and pay more up front.

is there a place on the mount for a sub strap, or did you drill into the floor?

i found the angle of the seatback not good for me with my back when the seat was on the floor on a couple 2x4s. does it look like it could take a few washers here and there to angle it back a bit without risk of whatever we are risking?

i like how the side mounts allow you to tilt the seat a bit. thought the seats were side mount when i ordered them.

These are the seats. I wonder if i should just try to swap em for something else.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:32 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The universal 944/968/911 bracket has the front bar that you can mount your 5th point around. I suppose you could shim with some washers which would angle the seat back a little. You probably couldn't do a lot, because then the bolt wouldn't line up if you are picturing it the way I am.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a few a pics of mine that I made. I angled the them a little. They are pretty much a copy of the wedge engineering ones, Imeasured them up and made my own. My seats are momo bottom mounts with sparco sliders. Momo and sparco use the same mounting pattern
Old 10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

doc, i was thinking the same thing with the washers.

badcoupe, how thick is that metal?

I am tempted to make something like that and attach my sliders to that.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:06 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

Tom, 1/8" cold rolled steel IIRC, same as wedge engineering uses on their brackets. I bought the materials at the local DoIt best hardware store in 3ft sections of 1" wide and 1.5" wide. I fired up the tig welder, I made a bracket as well for the seat belt to attach to. You could add a tab in the front for your sub belt. My first set of seats were the same width as the stock ones so I just bolted the original sliders to them I had to drill 2 holes in them as the length was different. My momo's are a lot narrower hence the brackets.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

so you bent the side pieces and bolted those together, but welded the pieces that go across? I may try to fabricate the same thing out of steel and bolt it together where you welded, then take it to a place with a welder to weld.

the 1.5 that attaches to the slider has a 1" going across that attaches to the seat.

about how much higher is the front than the back?

Thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

mine is about 1.5" taller in the front. wedge puts 3 holes in their's so you can adjust them. Make the bottom half to fit the floor of the car. Then make the top half to fit the bottom set your seat on it to get an idea of postion then drill the pattern for the tracks. Don't forget to make a seat belt piece as well.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:17 PM
sidsport
Advanced

Probably one of those Useless Without Pics posts, but here's what I've got: Brae-Krauss makes an adapter that bolts to the factory floor mounts. Nice feature of the B-K is the additional mount for factory seatbelt (female side), which is quite handy if streeting the car. Then I've sparco sliders that bottom mount to the seat. Obvious advantage is the adjustment for-aft. I've seen a mount like described by badcoupe. I think my set-up sits a little lower, but doesn't allow for as much tilt/recline. I've stacked a few washers under the B-K bracket and under the slider. You just can't do too many or the anchor bolts become too angled. Hope this makes sense and is helpful....
Old 10-12-2006, 06:49 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

Tom, do you want to make you some brackets? I can make you some probably sunday depending on my schedule or early in the week if you want. We have funfest at lawrenceburg speedway this weekend fri and sat but otherwise I should be able to fab you some up.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Bad,
I am in no rush my next event is april.

I spoke to my wrench last night about something else (he had to cancel dinner this weekend) and i asked him about the brackets. I asked him if i made one and bolted it together would he weld it for me.

after two minutes of explaining what i wanted he told me to get measurements and he would see what he could make at the shop during a lunch hour.

But since you already did it.....

of course i would like you to make me a set. I would pay you too.

i came in this morning (after seeing iron maiden last night) planning to ask you to post up the mesurements.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

No problem I can measure one of mine or I'll make you a set for the cost of the materials and a 12 pack. No welding charges etc.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:58 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by badcoupe
No problem I can measure one of mine or I'll make you a set for the cost of the materials and a 12 pack. No welding charges etc.
momma didnt raise no fool. i chose the second option. will gladly make it a twelve pack of premium per side.

Quick Reply: Who has a seat with a Sparco bottom mount?