Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vac lines, fuses, turn signal, and wipers!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
iamgod
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vac lines, fuses, turn signal, and wipers!

wow...busy day saturday.

the vacuum lines had been leaking since i got the porsche in april. 2 weeks ago i sourced some bulk line and got my gaskets and so on saturday i pulled into my buddy's garage and started in. it took about an 90 min to be ready to take off the manifold. i had to be careful because the rest of the parts are still 23 years old. it took one extra trip to bumper 2 bumper to get some assorted t-fittings and some smaller diamater tubing for one spot but no leaks and only had backstep once near the end for a misc. line i forgot to reconnect. 2 lines were completely severed...only hanging on by a patch, one we had to build from scratch because it was totally custom shaped (took about 3 trys)

i also bought new 8 and 16 volt fuses because the fuse box was a cluster phuk. there were fuses wrapped in tinfoil...wrong volts in the wrong holes...blown fuses just never replaced...and i pulled the ghetto wiring the previous owner left from his half assed stereo install.

next i replaced the lens and bulb on my front pass turn signal and replaced all my wipers before it starts to snow.

my buddy is also a clean freak so we pulled out her out into the drive way and washed really good and put 1 coat of wax on...then used his buffer to finish it off. it was a quick job but it was like looking at a new car beign that its probably the most TLC she's seen in about 6 years.

First impressions...i think i cried. in the past few months i learned how to feather the throttle while braking to keep her from stalling when idling...now i don't even need to gas when start, just clutch and turn the key starts right up and sits at 900rpm...purrs. runs like a champ to the butt dyno is off the charts, she ran good before but now its like there is something under there waiting to go.

...and now my electrical works yay!!

pics will follow...next step will be suspension thats been sitting in the closet for next saturday!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
dnwong
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, know that feeling. Just did all my vac lines yesterday.

Quick Reply: Vac lines, fuses, turn signal, and wipers!