Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sponsorship Active and New Site is Up. THANKS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006 | 10:37 AM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Sponsorship Active and New Site is Up. THANKS!

I want to thank everyone for making this possible. The success of The 928 Leather Shop over the last several months has been overwhelming.

While its called The 928 Leather Shop, many of you know I also do leather, vinyl, and hood liners for the 944. I chose to keep 928 in the name simply because of the business origin and its uniqueness.

Without the support of Rennlist members and determination on my part might have ended up as just another unemployed OWL in the Motor City.
My sincere thanks to Tim, Alan, Marc, Greg, Vic, Robby, Mike, Rich, Michael, Rob, Robert, Jay, Ray, Sean, Ed, John, Dan, and the many others who made it possible.

Using Rennlist as a starting reference I was able to foster relationships with other on line communities, clubs for other marques and individuals around the globe including France, Australia, Malta, Cyprus, Slovenia, Croatia, UK, Austria, Canada, Italy, Japan, China, Saudi Arabia, Norway, Sweden, Thailand, Germany, Belgium,and Spain, just to name the ones I can remember.

I now spend my time working on sharks, meet with other shark owners, going to car shows, and spending time with other "car guys" all involved with restoring and preserving great classic automobiles.

I could go on about my good fortune but one point of this post is to say the site, The 928 Leather Shop , is up and running.
There's some pictures of completed work and our shop and each item has a photo.
You can order and pay by credit card.
Much of the stuff is on eBay, however I'm going thru and reducing the prices on the site to allow for the Ebay fees.
If you want to pay by check. contact me.
You do not need Paypal.
I'll be adding some more items as they become available and a "Garage Sale" page for some 928 parts and stuff people ordered and haven't paid for.

My thanks again to everyone on Rennlist.
Old 10-09-2006 | 11:24 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

I think I would mute on the leather colors
A little bit of an eye strain.

Nice collection of products!
And as usual Great WORK! and thanks for offering an affordable quality alternative!
Old 10-09-2006 | 11:37 AM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by testarossa_td
I think I would mute on the leather colors
A little bit of an eye strain.

Nice collection of products!
And as usual Great WORK! and thanks for offering an affordable quality alternative!
I'm a bit color blind. I'll have someone else look at it. Thanks
Old 10-09-2006 | 12:24 PM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Hi Rob,

I have had the pleasure of seeing your work in person and here on the list, and those pics do not do justice to it, woderful work!!! It took me a while to get to the examples page, perhaps a different color to the link with a pic underneath or something. Also there were no pics of the Alcantara that I saw...am I wrong...you have not disco'd that option have you?

Good luck!
Old 10-09-2006 | 02:32 PM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr.Porsche
Hi Rob,

I have had the pleasure of seeing your work in person and here on the list, and those pics do not do justice to it, woderful work!!! It took me a while to get to the examples page, perhaps a different color to the link with a pic underneath or something. Also there were no pics of the Alcantara that I saw...am I wrong...you have not disco'd that option have you?

Good luck!
Thanks very much! I'll make some changes to the link. In the meantime, I added some pix of an Alcantara dash.
Old 10-09-2006 | 02:58 PM
bloodraven
Race Car

I especially like the heat sheilds. One for the 944 with the logos on there now but in blue pring..that would rock...
Old 10-09-2006 | 02:59 PM
dmjames
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rob M Budd
I'm a bit color blind. I'll have someone else look at it. Thanks
Heh- good to know I'm not the only one... Color-blindness is a PITA sometimes.

Old 10-09-2006 | 04:50 PM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bloodraven
I especially like the heat sheilds. One for the 944 with the logos on there now but in blue pring..that would rock...
I can get them in any color but it runs about 5 dollars more since they have to make a separate run when I order one or only a few of each color.

Rob
Old 10-09-2006 | 04:53 PM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by orbix
Heh- good to know I'm not the only one... Color-blindness is a PITA sometimes.

Tell me about it. You should have seen me trying to rewire some stuff. Several years back. I'd be stuck until my daughter came home from school.
Old 10-09-2006 | 04:58 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Site looks good Rob and congrats on the sponsorship

As I've said many times on this forum, Rob's work is top notch and he's and even better guy to work with.

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-09-2006 | 08:49 PM
Rob M Budd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by gregeast
Site looks good Rob and congrats on the sponsorship

As I've said many times on this forum, Rob's work is top notch and he's and even better guy to work with.

Keep up the good work!
You'll note that you're stuff is a big part of the gallery of examples. You were instumental in bringing a lot of the items to market. Many many thanks Greg!
Old 10-10-2006 | 12:55 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob M Budd
You'll note that you're stuff is a big part of the gallery of examples. You were instumental in bringing a lot of the items to market. Many many thanks Greg!
Just glad to help the 944 community. I didn't see the shift boot on the site, did I miss it?
Old 10-10-2006 | 01:11 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

So what exactly is the heat shield material made from? Is it a multi-layed non-flammable product, and how thick is it? Thanks...I love the printed ones!
Old 10-10-2006 | 02:10 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congrats on new Sponsorship Rob!

Best of luck to you and keep up the good work. The Porsche community as a whole is lucky to have a guy like you.

Vic
Old 10-10-2006 | 03:44 AM
billthe3
Rennlist Member

I've been thinking about getting one of your heatsheilds for a while now, but I noticed now on the website that on the model choice option it only lists 944, 944S and 944S2 - is there any difference between these and the 951 hood? Or is it just the logo design? (any chance to get a turbo decal option?)
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Sponsorship Active and New Site is Up. THANKS!