Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Manifold Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:42 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rockin'! Thanks for the pics Roger -- I'm about to the do same thing (venturi delete + LR vacuum tubes + replacing all the radiator hoses). Except every time I start to do something, something else breaks!

I pulled off the J-boot today to get at the cooling tubes below it, only to have the lip of the J-boot which fits over the turbo outlet complete disintegrate. It literally fell apart! So i've gotta get a new J-boot, among my several other parts orders. I'm going to order a Lindsey Boost enhancer so I can just get rid of the CV while i'm in there too.

The AOS to the j-boot tube -- did you just pick up bulk line and cut it yourself, or was there a particular part number you purchased? If so, lemme know, as i'll be heading to the store on Saturday for the same thing.

P.S. If you have more pics of the process, can you either post them up or send them to my gmail account please? Thanks Roger.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:01 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Steve, I think Roger told me he just went to Kragen or something and bought generic 5/8" hose by the foot.

So... what does a venturi do? Besides cause problems? What was it meant to do?
Old 09-08-2006, 10:45 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

When I did mine I remember that the OAS elbow was the worst fitting and hardened piece of the bunch. I found a 90 deg. hose that matched the diameter of the OAS and cut it down to match the rest of the plumbing. I forget the part but remember it came off of a Ford.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:08 PM
iamgod
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

little info for those who SEARCH this topic an early 944 NA has 3 vaclines that are multisided...the rest are 2 sided.

luckily my multi-ended look good
Old 09-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by special tool
That is very funny. I do the same exact thing to my cars - except I use pretty green wires.
It facilitates clutch changes.
I am sure Andial did it - its fine like that, trust me.
Sweet.........I figured Andial did when they did the engine build......glad to know they knew what they were doing.......but it would be Porsche blasphemy for me to doubt them........
Old 09-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Andial, what did you replace the larger line that comes off the brake booster with? That is the only vacuum line i have yet to replace. Cant find a part # for it in PET.
I just went to Kragen and got 5/8" heater hose. But for the 90 degree bend that is on the AOS I was lucky to find that LR sent a 90 degree bend of tubing.....at first I thought they made a mistake but now I think it was for this part......I just cut it a little shorter and used that then put a male/male connector between that and the 5/8 tubing I bought and then ran it to the j-boot.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Andial, this is for you're 2.8L right? why are you running or still using the CV with what you got? you were able to get 13psi with teh CV still in?
Yes this was for my 2.8. I havent been runnign the CV but this was the first time I had the intale manifold off so thats why I was taking out. First I was running a LBE and then I got a Tial.....so havent been using the CV for a long time.
Old 09-09-2006, 06:58 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ckathens
Rockin'! Thanks for the pics Roger -- I'm about to the do same thing (venturi delete + LR vacuum tubes + replacing all the radiator hoses). Except every time I start to do something, something else breaks!

I pulled off the J-boot today to get at the cooling tubes below it, only to have the lip of the J-boot which fits over the turbo outlet complete disintegrate. It literally fell apart! So i've gotta get a new J-boot, among my several other parts orders. I'm going to order a Lindsey Boost enhancer so I can just get rid of the CV while i'm in there too.

The AOS to the j-boot tube -- did you just pick up bulk line and cut it yourself, or was there a particular part number you purchased? If so, lemme know, as i'll be heading to the store on Saturday for the same thing.

P.S. If you have more pics of the process, can you either post them up or send them to my gmail account please? Thanks Roger.
Steve,

I am currently poolside at Tahoe and I am not using the computer I had the pics on. I took a lot of pics becuase I was thinking of doing a small write up on the process.....I know there is already a good one but I still was unsure after following this guideline and my write up would be from a beginners DIY point of view so much more detail and pics. I will post the pics with some writing tomorrow night when I get back home.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:00 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

BTW - With that evil Venturi out the car feels so much better. I'm getting about 2 ml/mercury (is that how you write it) more when I let off the gas and at idle.

I put in new 55# injectors and a new chip as well. Car feels much stronger and with this chip I shoudl be able to push to 18psi. I had a dyno appointment yesterday morning but they were running late and I didnt have any time to waste so I left. Hoping I can get one in early next week.

Quick Reply: Intake Manifold Question