Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love my PO

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:07 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I love my PO

Well I don't love him, but I really really like him. Today, about 8 months after selling me his red 968, he emails me again and asks how everything is going with the car. He also wanted to know what I'd done to it.

Have you ever heard from your PO again after purchase (except if your PO is your friend or family member)? I was in touch with him for a week or two after purchase, which I thought was great for getting things sorted out and questions answered, but that was pretty much it, until today.

Furthermore, in these 8 months I've owned the car, not ONCE have I come across a "dumbass PO" thing on my car, not once have I had a reason to be angry at him, and I've even had people tell me "either that's stock and you're lucky, or you should thank your PO". So like I said, this guy is awesome and should be everyone's previous owner. He had 6 968s when I bought one of them, so I'm sure there are other p-car owners out there who probably have similar experiences. Just thought I'd share - I know some of you people have bounties out for your car's PO, but this news can give you hope that there are good car owners out there.

Last edited by FRporscheman; 09-05-2006 at 02:44 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 AM
IMB951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 09-05-2006, 02:38 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

Thats how things SHOULD be, its quite sad its mostly a C.Y.A. type of dealings. as far as bounties are concerned mine is still out there, i think im gonna sick Dog the Bounty Hunter on his ***!
you have any pics of the 968? they are beautiful cars, wish i had one. Are there any differences between the '68 and '44 other than body/interior.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:57 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its been 22 months since I sold my 928 S4 and I still have contact with the new owner. We speak on the phone every two or three months. He keep me up to date with everything he does on the car and phone me when ever he plans to do something to hear if I know of anything he might take care of while in there. I often see him at Club event too.
We met when he bought the car.

At the last club track day I met the new owner of my last 924 (I sold it to a dealer) and told him about the full restoration I did on the car, the fool was not interested in the least and told me I should speak to his dad who bought the car for him. His brother also drives a very nice black 924 and his dad a 944. I was so disgusted with his attitude I will not tel him anything about the car ever again even if he ask
Old 09-05-2006, 03:28 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I love talking about my car, so I'm glad you asked.

Some of the differences that come to mind: the engine is a 3 liter 16v variable valve timing engine. 6-speed standard or 4-speed tiptronic transmission (I think this was the debut of any kind of tiptronic). 26.8 front sway bar, 16 rear. 951 4-piston brakes, the spare tire BARELY makes a hump in the rear carpet, resonator on the exhaust, stock MAF.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:38 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Some kids don't have the passion and appreciation. Luckily I'm a kid that does. Yet it seems, in general, that the 928 inspires more owner enthusiasm and club-joining appeal than a 924. A 928 owner will be interested in learning more about the car and others' cars, while a 924 owner just wants to drive his car into the ground then get a faster car (I know there are exceptions).

I just sold my 944 NA, and I was surprised that the new owner was calling me for the next couple days with questions. First I was worried, like he wanted to return the car or something, but they I relaxed and realized this was my chance to not become the bastard everyone else buys a car from, so I kept chatting with him. I hope he keeps the car running well and I hope the car keeps him happy, and I'll try to keep in touch with him too.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

six gears, gotta have a good cruising rpm with that. from what i remember at 55-60mph im at about 2200-2500rpm i think.....its been awhile, and at that speed i get 32mpg! not bad for being 20!
if you have any pics, id love to see them.

its definitly a toss up 928/968 wouldnt mind a 951 either, but its pretty much the same as what i have now, nobody where i live would even know the difference.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:53 AM
JohanvdWalt
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting that you mention the difference between 928 and 924 owners. I fully agree I found that the 928 forum is much more technical and the owners in general are much more involved in their cars than here on this forum.
If you ask a technical question in the 928 forum you immediately get many returns from guys who really know what they talk about.
Here you might get a few guesses and often even no reply.

The guys here seem to be more social.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:09 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I still speak with the PO of my 540i. he asks about the car when we email. very nice guy. car has been great from 88k to now 137k!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:18 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I wish I still stayed in touch with the girl who bought my Land Rover. She was HOT.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:23 PM
JayP
Pro

I'd traded a '97 A4 to a dealer in 2000. About a month later, the new owner found pics of his new (my old) car on Audiworld and contacted me. I mailed him the all the documentation I had for the car, including the window sticker and reams of service records. Even a brochure from '97. He sends me updates once in a while.

My 944 PO had installed all the race bits and maintained the car well. A month after I bought the car, he mailed saying he found the race pads and stock intake. Any questions I have, he has either touched it or knows what the deal is...
Old 09-05-2006, 01:40 PM
GodSpeed
Nissan Rulez
Rennlist Member

man your luckey, everytime i try to do a 1 hour project it turns into a 3 day project. i just keep finding small neglections of my p.o.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:44 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JayP
Any questions I have, he has either touched it or knows what the deal is...
That's exactly how it is with me and the new owner - I told him I had redone the entire car, so he knows I have most of the answers.

[OT]
My experience with this board is that many people here like to be helpful, but often don't have their facts straight, so there are a lot of guesses, misinformation, and opinions. However, there are many users that also have mastered their stuff and have answers and good advice. All in all, I can use everyone's input and judge for myself the best course of action. I've noticed many 944/951 owners here are rather young like myself, or younger. This may explain the chattiness and humor, as well as why I get along with pretty much everyone here.

My experience with the 928 board is that while people there do tend to stick to the point more often than not, it is still a place where some people know and some people don't. The difference is, only people with answers will reply. And like you said, more of them are technical so you can get replies quickly. 928 owners tend to be older, so there is less sarcasm and goofy behavior, and I sometimes get mildy scolded for "stupid questions", idle ignorance, or remarks that are clearly the result of my age.

Both are great communities I'm happy to participate in.
[/OT]

I'll post up some pics shortly.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:02 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Old 09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

968s are so rare up here. I have only one or 2 for sale before and for around 25 g.

Quick Reply: I love my PO