Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIOLATED!!! Someone entered my car!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 06:47 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

friend of mine used to leave his car unlocked so no one would break the window. Someone broke it anyways, i guess they didnt try the handle first.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:02 PM
1987na
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks about your driving gloves, but at least they didn't steal the nice ones. I am just wondering where to get some good driving gloves that will fit my hands. My hands are bigger than size "small" but smaller than the "Medium" size. Is there anyplace that makes custom fitted driving gloves? I imagine they would be even more expensive than just regular driving gloves, like custom made shoes are more expensive than regular shoes.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Leaving a car locked drains the battery? What's with that?
Old 08-27-2006, 07:43 PM
reactor2
Instructor

Do you get some funny looks while driving with gloves? You know, kinda like the looks those crotch rocket riders get when they're fully dressed in gear to match their bikes. OK, maybe not quite that kinda look.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
thor455400
Advanced

Originally Posted by reactor2
Do you get some funny looks while driving with gloves? You know, kinda like the looks those crotch rocket riders get when they're fully dressed in gear to match their bikes. OK, maybe not quite that kinda look.
ill take that funny look anyday on my bike,sure beats road rash.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Blue S2
Race Car

HAHA, yeah on the bikes it may look funny, but armor would always be on my must-wear list regardless of looks!

Um...Yeah sometimes people do ask about the gloves. Especially friends! Its often the butt-end of jokes. I also wear thin leather driving gloves in my daily car. It keeps the wheel and shifter looking new and you don't slip either. It's personal preference.

Its also an "event" type thing. I don't normally wear gear to drive around town, only at tracks. Sometimes though, on an early morning drive through back country roads with windows down and top off...driving gloves, shoes, hat, glasses, the whole deal- It adds to the experience. It makes it different than normal driving. Different kinds of enthusiasts i guess.

I am sure you can find custom gloves somewhere. The Porsche brand mediums fit me really well, so I am on my second pair of those as daily gloves. Very thin, light, great feel, and great ventillation.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:11 AM
reactor2
Instructor

ill take that funny look anyday on my bike,sure beats road rash.
Actually, I agree 100% even though the first time you see it, it does look odd. I guess what really should get looks is the guy on a motor cycle wearing a t-shirt.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:38 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about your wierd occurance. But like you said, it could be worse and only old gloves was a loss. Better than being keyed.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:44 AM
nine-44
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow....??? Ok, could have been worse... Maybe a buddie stopped over and was screwing with you or just something to say, man cover your ***? It sounds kinda goofy, I'd almost bet you'll get them as a X-mas gift from a buddie or neighbor or find them in your mailbox, something like that. Makes ya think tho, Wow
Old 08-28-2006, 01:31 AM
silverbullet
Pro

I'm sorry, it was me. I saw that wonderful pair up at the last Baltmore Rennlist cruise, and I knew I just had to have them!

That sucks, I bet it was some punks dare. At least they did'nt mess up the paint!
Old 08-28-2006, 02:15 AM
Blue S2
Race Car

HAHAHA, i guess that means i will be getting them back at the next meet!

Yeah, im sure it was some random walkby thing. We have a park and a major intersection close by and occasionally get some cross-traffic between the two. Otherwise I am in a quiet neighborhood. I don't assume it would be any friends. That would be so wrong. HAHA.

What DID bother me is two people independently said it was probably "someone who wanted a piece of something of mine" which is FREAKIN' WEIRD!!!!! (control yourself ladies!) Not that i get caught up in situations like that...but sadly that could almost sound valid at this point. Slim chance, but not 100% impossible. That bothers me more than someone randomly doing it!

Its times like these that make me think how much fun a stripped out racer would be! HAHA, someone rolls up to the car to conduct an act of vandalism or theft...and, "DAMN! Someone beat me to it!"

I think it would have been hilarious if they also took my box of tissues. HAHA, then something would have been weird as hell! Gloves...tissues...maybe they took a picture... hmm...

Quick Reply: VIOLATED!!! Someone entered my car!!!!!