Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caddy vs Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006 | 03:52 AM
El Commandante
Pro

I was just driving my friend's 91 caddy tonight, it seems faster becase more torque but i took it on a short road i can get up to 85mph in my NA, i could only get to 75 in his caddy
Old 08-27-2006 | 01:27 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

From: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

I learned to drive in a caddy my folks have always had one, i thought they were pretty fast, i could only get the 98 deville to 113 though. one thing about them, man those motors roar, even the 89 sounds kinda cool. but the big difference between my na and my buddys caddy is the upkeep. his po did everything, has reciets for everything! it doesnt even have 100k on it! whereas my po is an idiot- rolled back the odometer almost 150k!, PAINTED! over the bumper pads and was an all around jackass. im not worried cuz i got ahold of the ppo and found out what the deal was with the car. its not as bad as is sounds. but its gonna take awhile to get her back up to snuff.
Old 08-27-2006 | 09:22 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SwiftyZenBadd
if this is so retarded WHY reply?
let me ask you a question, if u see someone with a really over the top car(in a bad way) i.e. big wings spinners (hubcaps) u get the idea. do u go up to that person and tell him hes a fu*king idot, and his car looks freakishly gay? the thing is I just dont say it out loud. see the analogy.
my granma always said if u cant say something nice dont say anything at all. but whatever, evryones got there opinions some just choose to speak them more often than others.
i had stated i dont plan on racing him. i just wanted to know what the outcome would be most likely.

your not retarded. the thread is. chilllllll
Old 08-28-2006 | 05:59 PM
pozican
Racer

Just be careful where you race. If you are at a stop light in front of some twistys finally 'give in.'

Tell him that there are less cops in the twisties or something.

Either way I'm sure your car could probably take him in a straight, but if you are on the corners, he doesn't have a chance.

I got burned by a minivan with duct-tape holding the side door on the other night.

But I had 4 people in the car (amazing isn't it?) the NAs are like VW vans with people in the car...
Old 08-28-2006 | 06:57 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Calmchaos
My friend just got a 95 mustang and is convinvced that I would hand him his *** in a drag race...
When he asked me who I thought would win I had no idea he meant me, I was astonished he even asked.

All I said was "You have a mustang......"
I wouldnt ever expect to beat anything in a line, especially a mustang. And I HATE it when people rev their engines at a light, I DONT WANT TO RACE!!! damn.......... LOL
omg that happened all the time back when I owned my n/a's. its important you never actually race. That way you keep them guessing. They will just think you are stuck up snob and knows his car is faster. hahah its great.

I never actually raced anything in my life on the street until I got my turbo. Whats the point if you only got 150hp. What do I wanna run a civic? haha no thanks
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:10 PM
johnclay
Advanced

Racing minivans--

My wife and I were on our way to VIR, I in the 944 loaded with some track stuff and 4 RA-1's in the back, her in the '04 Toyota minivan with the kids and luggage. Going through a toll booth side by side, both gates opened at the exact same time. It was a signal from above, we had to race. The 944 won by a half a length.....I was able to get under the gate before it opened all the way.
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:34 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

I'm going to get a big fart can and a 'Type R" badge for my Odyssey!
Old 08-28-2006 | 07:55 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Attached Images  
Old 08-28-2006 | 09:16 PM
silverbullet
Pro

As porshhhh951 said, don't ever ruin your street cred.... I would never race someone in a piece of crap unless I absolutely knew I could beat them. Don't want anybody having the pleasure of smoking a high end sports car in some primered up civic or something!
Old 08-28-2006 | 10:06 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

From: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

Today my friend with the caddy got married, and he was LATE, and with him and me and his new father in law in the car we booked *** to marinette! the speedo topped out at 85 so i have no idea how fast we were going. damn that thing is nice in a straight line but holy **** it doesnt like curves!
Old 08-29-2006 | 12:03 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by xsboost90
que---- Tifo....
I am not far behind him.

i think it is time for me to get a life again. this place has gone to the dogs with this nonsense. the difference between now and then is then the majority wouldnt put up with this crap from people like craig or amaf. now the majority feeds on this troll crap.

i guess that is what happens when a porsche goes for less than a mullet. my z28 was nicer, much nicer than most of the current poster's 944s are, or will ever be. my beater miata is probably in better shape than most of the 944s here.

The new 944 slogan should be porsche (badge) on the outside, volkswagen (mentality) on the inside.
Old 08-29-2006 | 01:09 AM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

i dont think that people posting things that i dont particularly care about would make me like or dislike my car any more. If i see a thread that i dont care for,i just wont read it, or better yet, i wont post in it. There are all types in all car crowds- im sure somewhere there is a ferrari board w/ some rich brat asking about putting neon lights on it to show off the v12 or something. Who cares. Get over it already.
Old 08-29-2006 | 01:58 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

now that u mention it is there a good way to put neons on my car? i wanna show off how much of a pos my car is. and btw dan the car you had sold recently, beautiful.
Old 08-29-2006 | 03:39 AM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

Nope, neons dont work...lol

Quick Reply: Caddy vs Porsche