Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midwest get together - KCWS Renntreffen 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest get together-Lake of the Ozarks - KCWS Renntreffen 2006

Hey! There's been a little bit of discussion on here, but time is getting closer and it's time to start planning your drive! The KCWS is hosting Renntreffen 2006 at the Lake of the Ozarks in Osage Beach MO. It's a great time! We'll not only be talking and driving Porsches (mostly), but we'll have the second annual Jello shot contest! Have a favorite recipie? Bring your shot and let's see how it fairs! (No drinking/driving will be tolerated!) More information on Renntreffen can be found at http://www.kcws.org/index.php?showtopic=1426 Please post, PM, e mail, or send a carrier pigeon with your questions! And don't worry if your P car ain't running. Bring whatever you've got! Let's just have a great weekend!

Admins, can we have this pinned please?

Thanks!
Mike

Last edited by boxdoc2; 09-11-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:42 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We are registered and have our room booked! Missed out last year so we are really looking forward to it! We'll be taking Friday off and comming down I-29 then over on Hwy 70 so if anyone wants to caravan from the north let me know.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:45 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we'll get a couple of group drive's together for Friday's KC depature as well - watch www.kcws.org for more info as the date gets closer
Old 08-20-2006, 07:12 PM
Geo
Race Director

I hate to say this because I previously said I was in. But.... right now the chance of me coming is very slim.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:24 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Geo
I hate to say this because I previously said I was in. But.... right now the chance of me coming is very slim.
AUGH!!! But we understand. But if you can make it, you'll have some memories to last you awhile! (Most you'll actually want to keep!)
Old 08-21-2006, 01:15 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

We need to get some trash talk going on the Jello Shot contest too. Wade, can I talk you into posting a pic of the trophy from last year? That ought to convince folks that we are serious aboyut it! lol

Regards,
Old 08-21-2006, 02:05 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
We need to get some trash talk going on the Jello Shot contest too. Wade, can I talk you into posting a pic of the trophy from last year? That ought to convince folks that we are serious aboyut it! lol

Regards,
Yeah, I'll post a pic of the trophy this evening after work Scott.

And like I said before, I am not planning on participating in the contest this year.
("Retiring with the belt", I guess you could say. That statement alone will most likely cause some trash talking. ).
But I am looking forward to everyone else's concoctions though.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Question

I truly mean to offend nobody - but as I contemplate attending this event I would like to know

- is this a big party event?? I get that impresion from jello-shot contest
That is not my sceen and quite frankly I have no desire to witness such activities. I have zero tollerance for wreckless and irresponsible people as I have moved past this kind of suff in my life.

Don't want to bring down anybodys good time, but also won't be part of that kind of thing. Let me know please. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:07 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bridges
I truly mean to offend nobody - but as I contemplate attending this event I would like to know

- is this a big party event?? I get that impresion from jello-shot contest
That is not my sceen and quite frankly I have no desire to witness such activities. I have zero tollerance for wreckless and irresponsible people as I have moved past this kind of suff in my life.

Don't want to bring down anybodys good time, but also won't be part of that kind of thing. Let me know please. Thanks!
Definetly not anything of the sort. There is a jello shot contest that is done saturday night in good fun, nothing reckless or irresponsible. Since the event is at the tan tara resort (which is where everyone typically has their rooms), there is no driving for anyone involved in the taste-testing of the entries. Last year was the first year for the jello contest. We also do the awards and tech quiz the same night. I think last year I taste tested a few shots (partial shots anyways, lol), and just hung out the rest of the night.

The first year we rented a big conference room and hired a bartender for those that wanted drinks. We ordered a bunch of pizzas, did awards, and hung out.

We are by no means a wild and irresponsible crowd, lol. Just like to hang out with good freinds, meet some new enthusiasts, and talk porsches. You won't meet a nicer bunch of people.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Karl, you forgot to say "except for Scott!" lol

2bridges, we DO have a lot of fun, but its not a drunken bachanal. I'd venture to say that the average age of our group is a good bit beyond 10 years past college, and most of us have responsibilities that preclude acting like we are back at the freshman rush. That doesn't mean we are afraid to let our hair down either, tho. If you are in the KC area, come out and check out our next wrenching session, which will be on Sat, Sept 2 if you want to get a sampling of what we are all about. We'd love to have you visit!

Regards,
Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PorscheDoc
We are by no means a wild and irresponsible crowd, lol.
Although I heard the luggage cart races get little out of control!

2bridges - This is our first trip to Renntreffen but I have had the pleasure of hanging out and wrenching with these people. A finer group you will not find. I do plan on enjoying a beer or two but I am not seeking any type of excessive partying either. Just a good time with good people and great cars!
Old 08-21-2006, 11:23 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sh944
I'd venture to say that the average age of our group is a good bit beyond 10 years past college, and most of us have responsibilities that preclude acting like we are back at the freshman rush.

Regards,
Lol, I think Val and I are the youngest by far.....Errrr I am the youngest at 29. The rest of Y'all are a bunch of old folk This year I envision scott breaking out some polka music!
Old 08-22-2006, 04:55 AM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wade B
Yeah, I'll post a pic of the trophy this evening after work Scott.

And like I said before, I am not planning on participating in the contest this year.
("Retiring with the belt", I guess you could say. That statement alone will most likely cause some trash talking. ).
But I am looking forward to everyone else's concoctions though.
Aw sweet! As the #2 finisher last year (yes, I freely admit defeat), I will look forward to taking home the trophy this year! I'm sure there are no other recipes that can compare!

To 2bridges: There is a story behind the Jello shot contest. Apparently something that came up at a 944fest I think. But anyway, to aliviate (sp?) any worries, it's not a drunk fest. It's all in good fun. And like Karl said, there is no drinking/eating and driving. There is a shuttle bus on property that will take folks back and forth from the banquet room to cabins. Once we're in for the night, we're in. The cars get parked safely inside the parking garage at Tan-Tar-A. While there is the partaking of alcohol, it's typically social and not like my younger years!
Where are you located? And do you have any questions about Renntreffen that we can answer? It really is a great time!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:54 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I would be coming from Nebraska , about 3.5 hrs from KC
still trying to jugle details to see if even possible for me to attend...

I do thank the many responses.. as my aprehension has been eased....
Old 08-22-2006, 06:59 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges
I would be coming from Nebraska , about 3.5 hrs from KC
still trying to jugle details to see if even possible for me to attend...

I do thank the many responses.. as my aprehension has been eased....
Where in NE? We live in just a few miles from Sioux City and are taking Friday off. We'll be taking I-29 down to KC then over. Let me know if you're interested in traveling with us.

Quick Reply: Midwest get together - KCWS Renntreffen 2006