Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weltmeister Spring Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt, if you need i have the funky sized 36mm wrench you need to adjust the eccentric in the rear. You dont need it if you plan to just drop the rear completley however. If the suspension is unloaded, loosen the eccentric bolt (which will need a very powerful impact wrench with atleast a 100psi charge on the compressor) and the trailing arm will drop into the lowest position automatically. The wrench is only needed if you are trying to fine tune.

With any luck your rear will drop an inch like mine, you might be able to get a fairly even ride height. That is until you decide to do the torsion bars (i can swing by and help with this.. would be helpful because i would like to do this eventually also).
Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 PM
flosho
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 250 lb springs as well, I installed them with the close coils on the top? Through searching, I found that people put them in both ways... but now that everyone suggests with the close coils at the bottom, I may switch them..

Either way the coils bottom out and will do the same thing.. I've been driving it like this for a couple months now..
Old 08-14-2006, 08:59 AM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Matt, if you need i have the funky sized 36mm wrench you need to adjust the eccentric in the rear. You dont need it if you plan to just drop the rear completley however. If the suspension is unloaded, loosen the eccentric bolt (which will need a very powerful impact wrench with atleast a 100psi charge on the compressor) and the trailing arm will drop into the lowest position automatically. The wrench is only needed if you are trying to fine tune.

With any luck your rear will drop an inch like mine, you might be able to get a fairly even ride height. That is until you decide to do the torsion bars (i can swing by and help with this.. would be helpful because i would like to do this eventually also).
Thanks. I have an adjustable wrench that goes to 36mm. So that should work, otherwise I'll be calling you.

I'm more worried about how I'm going to free up the nuts. I have a 150PSI compressor, but it may not be enough. I did a search and saw that someone cut the nuts off with a dremel tool and then just replaced them. Maybe heat will help too.

I guess I'll find out when I get to that point.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

I doesn't matter which way the spring is installed, so I wouldn't bother "fixing" it.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:55 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

doesnt matter which way you install them- the welt- wording would be readable w/ the closer on the bottom. I have heard that you should put the closer coils up to reduce unsprung weight on the wheels but im sure you wouldnt notice on a stock street car.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:15 PM
arbeitm
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I just called Weltmeister (which is really Performance Products) and they said the logo goes upside down. The closely spaced springs are supposed to go at the top.

The weight of the car collapses those springs together.

Quick Reply: Weltmeister Spring Installation