Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how does my thermostat/ seal go in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default how does my thermostat/ seal go in?

well I just picked up half of my stuff from the dealer for my water pump/ timing belt /seal job.

so I had to go with the rebuilt water pump 199.99 at the deaeler as they said 800 for the new. I was stupid I could have bought a new pump with the rest of the parts I ordered from paragon. anyways the rebuilt pump doesn't look too great teh mating surface has some pitting in some places and in one place it has a raised edge I think I'll have to file that dow.also when I place it flat on a book or table one side looks like it has a gap between the wp surface and the flat book or whatever it is sitting on. I'll use lots of gasket maker on the new gasket and hope that it won't leak if it does I'll be pissed.

also when I got the pump it had some oil on it, that's kind of strange, when I look at the pulley on the pump now it looks like there is oil between teh pully and the shaft (front of the pump).

Now about the thermostat quest, I got a spacer a screw in type thermostat seal the thermostat and the snap ring.

I'm not sure how these parts go in order. First of all the rebuilt wp looks like it already has the screw in seal put in it but it has some scratches on it, I couldn't get it to screw off.

Now I think I have to just put the thermostat with spacer in then the snap ring on top (also have 2 snap rings).

So do I put the spacer washer in first then the thermostat or the thermostat goes in without the spacer and then the spacer goes on top before the snap ring?

thanks.

Quick Reply: how does my thermostat/ seal go in?